Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: diesel vs. nightmare

I think Diego should be a small favorite but no Huge favorite by any means. Riggs is 12-3 in his last 15 fights with wins over the likes of Nick Diaz, Lytle, Joe Doerksen, Kendall Grove, and Jason Von Flue. They may not be headliners but they are some tough fighters. Riggs three loses during that time have came against Matt Hughes, Ivan Salaverry and Mike Swick all very talented fighters. So with all that being said Im taking Joe DIESEL by KO in the 2nd. I think finally being at a constant weight and natural maturing will turn Diesel into a serious contender in 07 after all the guy is only 24 with 33 pro fights under his belt. Hopefully he doesnt burn out to quick.
    Avy and Sig Bet record 17-9-1

-

This should be a decent matchup, though Diego has beaten "better" competition recently, (Karo, Diaz yes Riggs beat him, but come on Diaz didn't even really show up that night) Riggs can definately win this fight. Riggs has some heavy hands and if he connects he'll test Diego's chin. I'll pick Diego by gnp, but this one could end up in Riggs' favor if Diego is looking at this as a warm-up for a GSP matchup next year.

what if Rigss wins? what does this do for him? does it put him in title contention again?

anyways Riggs definitely has a chance here...but unfortunately im still leaning towards Diego by decision. Riggs will be a much different fight for Diego then Karo was. Riggs will be in much better shape and im sure he wont gas. he's extremely athletic and id go as far to say that he's a much better athlete then Diego! the staredown at the weigh in should be good. i have said it a thousand times since ive heard this match was made...i would love nothing more then to see Riggs smash Diego's face in with one solid punch! GO RIGGS!!!

"For years Iíve underestimated Tim Sylvia. This time I think Iím gonna be in the minority and pick Tim and his long right hand. Come to think of it, I am a minority." - Din Thomas predicts Sylvia to beat Fedor LMAO!

Favorite Fighters: Penn, Rampage, Tito, Couture, Guida, GSP, Mayhem, Varner, Mir, Torres

13-6-1 in AV/SIG bets

riggs is a very iffy fighter, but he is a good fighter he has the skills to beat sanchez, i hope that riggs ko's sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by ArMnHC
    what if Rigss wins? what does this do for him? does it put him in title contention again?
    With guys like Penn,Hughes,Karo,Diaz,Koscheck and others I doubt it.He'll have to do more than that to get back in title contention.

Captain America!!!
    8/9/2008 WAIT FOR IT!

i dont know if riggs will ever be champ at ww, hughes gsp and penn are all to much, im not saying he should or anything but is it even possible for him to cut to 155 without getting sick, i mean he cut all the way from heavy weight

Quote Originally Posted by dork8503
    i dont know if riggs will ever be champ at ww, hughes gsp and penn are all to much, im not saying he should or anything but is it even possible for him to cut to 155 without getting sick, i mean he cut all the way from heavy weight
    in 5 years Riggs will be fighting in the newly vamped 135 pound division.

Captain America!!!
    8/9/2008 WAIT FOR IT!

I pick Sanchez by another 3-round decision, but I'm definitely pulling for Riggs and I believe that he's got a good shot. Its true, Sanchez never really has faced anyone with a combination of great wrestling skills, ridiculous strength, and KO power. If Riggs goes in there focused and pissed off, he'll pull it out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sundance Kid
    Riggs was never in Title Contention, He was GIVEN a Title shot, that he couldn't make weight for, that being said, i think that Riggs's potential is very great, after all the kid is 24, with 33 fights beating so hell of opponents, i see Riggs being a contender in 07 and 08
    He was only given a title shot ,b/c Karo got injured.

Captain America!!!
    8/9/2008 WAIT FOR IT!

Quote Originally Posted by dork8503
    i agree, with all the guys in there right now i cant see him ever being champ at WW either.

"For years Iíve underestimated Tim Sylvia. This time I think Iím gonna be in the minority and pick Tim and his long right hand. Come to think of it, I am a minority." - Din Thomas predicts Sylvia to beat Fedor LMAO!

Favorite Fighters: Penn, Rampage, Tito, Couture, Guida, GSP, Mayhem, Varner, Mir, Torres

13-6-1 in AV/SIG bets

Thread Information