Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Leg Kicks (MMA)

Quote Originally Posted by AJL416AZ
    mach sakurai
    ricardo arona

cro cop has great power, but he doesnt rely on leg kicks to wear them down. they're just setups for hand combos and switches to higher kicks
    not sure but his fight against Yoshida. he wore him down with the leg kicks.

Gegard Mousasi- 25-2-1

"However great the kindness and the efficiency, in every hospital death there will be some cruel, squalid detail, something perhaps too small to be told but leaving terribly painful memories behind, arising out of the haste, the crowding, the impersonality of a place where every day people are dying among strangers"

imo pedro rizzo..his kicks were brutal

Quote Originally Posted by Intellectual
    not sure but his fight against Yoshida. he wore him down with the leg kicks.

yeah he sure as hell did.
    but thats the only time it was an integral part of his gameplan. lately he's been using leg and body kicks a lot more often to set up and wear them down, instead of just using them sparingly, , and simply looking for the LHK instead

i think he used to throw less leg and body kicks to avoid getting caught and going to the ground, and plus, even in K-1 he was never really a muay thai guy that used a lot of leg kicks

but his new gameplan, as well as a huge jump upwards in his confidence in his ground game have been working like a charm. its like he realized "hey, i can use these disgustingly powerful kick on something other then their head? holy shit!"
    Favorites
    HW: Cro Cop | Barnett | Gonzaga
    LHW: Rampage| Shogun
    MW: KANG | Sakuraba | Spider Silva | Baroni | Akiyama
    WW: Thiago Alves | GSP | Mach
    LW: Gomi | BJ Penn | Aoki | Jamie Varner reppin' AZCS | DIDA
    FW: KID

9-7 in sig/av bets

tim sylvia

sorry i thought you said best lame jab in the business

CROCOP, like sakurabas kicks too

Marco Antonio Ruas. End of discussion.

Are we talking most powerful or being able to use them the best? GSP has really good leg kicks, maybe not the strongest, but he can put them in the right spot and land them almost at will.

Keith Jardine has some good ones. Not the best but worth mentioning.

Quote Originally Posted by AJL416AZ
    yeah he sure as hell did.
    but thats the only time it was an integral part of his gameplan. lately he's been using leg and body kicks a lot more often to set up and wear them down, instead of just using them sparingly, , and simply looking for the LHK instead

i think he used to throw less leg and body kicks to avoid getting caught and going to the ground, and plus, even in K-1 he was never really a muay thai guy that used a lot of leg kicks

but his new gameplan, as well as a huge jump upwards in his confidence in his ground game have been working like a charm. its like he realized "hey, i can use these disgustingly powerful kick on something other then their head? holy shit!"

i noticed this as well... im pretty sure in his fight in the owgp against silva, his only LHK was the one that ended it. Mostly pounding kicks to the body. he's a better and smarter fighter than ever and he continues to improve every fight.

Quote Originally Posted by thelegendrvb
    Keith Jardine has some good ones. Not the best but worth mentioning.
    Thanks, man...I was waiting for someone to mention Jardine. Its not too often you see a guy win on leg kicks; I've only seen it happen a few times (Jardine/Christison, Spratt/Lawler).

Let's not forget Ernesto Hoost. He lost to Bob Sapp in K-1, but got to move ahead because Sapp couldn't go to the next round as a result of those leg kicks. I know, Sapp's a fat pussy, and most anyone can beat him nowadays, but still...rendering a 6'5 350 lb dude unable to continue is pretty impressive.

Pedro Rizzo, watch his fight with Arlovski....they are SICK

Thread Information