Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brazilian finishes Jeff Monson in U.S.A

Default Brazilian finishes Jeff Monson in U.S.A

Brasileiro finaliza Jeff Monson nos EUA :: TATAME

Paralelamente ao UFC 114, a UFC Fan Expo, que aconteceu no último final de semana em Las Vegas, contou com um torneio de submission da Grappler’s Quest, e teve brazuca dando show. Com a premiação de mil dólares para o grande campeão, João Assis foi para cima dos oponentes, se garantindo na final ao bater Bill Cooper por 6x0. Do outro lado da chave, Sean Splinger, pupilo de Robert Drysdale, eliminou Ricco Rodriguez nas quartas-de-final, mas acabou caindo diante de Jeff Monson na semi.

Jeff Monson não sabe o que é ser finalizado no MMA há mais de dez anos, quando bateu para David Dodd em um evento americano, em 1999. Na grande final do Grappler’s Quest, porém, o lutador sentiu na pele novamente. João não quis saber do favoritismo de Monson, um dos grandes nomes do ADCC, e abriu 9x0 no placar, antes de finalizar a luta com um mata-leão. Com o bolso cheio, o casca-grossa volta o foco para o Mundial de Jiu-Jitsu da CBJJ, que acontece neste final de semana na Califórnia. “É um aquecimento. O treino de quimono é a base de tudo... Se você treina forte de quimono, quando você tira o pano você sai voando, fica fácil”, afirmou João, que logo em seguida voltou ao tatame para vencer, de quimono, o outro campeão absoluto.
    Translation:
    Together with UFC Expo, there was a submission show at Grapple's Quest. With the winning prize of a thousand dollars. Joao Assis went after his opponents and garanteed his spot at the finals by finishing Bill Cooper by 6x0. On the other side of the chain, Sean Splinger student of Robert Drysdale eliminated Ricco Rodriguez in the quarter finals but lost to Jeff Monson in the semi.

Jeff Monson doesn't know what it is to be put away in MMA for more than 10 years when losing to David Dodd in 1999. In the finals at Grappler's Quest, the fighter felt once again what it was like. Joao Assis went after him and didn't care about Monson's favoritism, one of the biggest name of ADCC. And opened up 9x0 in the score cards before finishing the fight with a rear naked choke. After the win Joao Assis goes back to focusing on the Jiu Jitsu World Cup of CBJJ. He says after the win, "This is only a warm up. The training with the GI is the base to everything. If you train hard with the GI, after you take off the cloth you fly, its much more easier." Right after he goes back to the mat to win with the Gi against the other absolute champ.
    must say i'm surprised.. without looking at google or sherdog i would think monson had never been submited before. but to lose by 9x0 and than lose by rear naked choke.. damn.
    Last edited by rivethead; 06-03-2010 at 10:45 PM. Reason: title, format
    -SIGNATURE REMOVED FOR EXCEEDING SIZE LIMIT-

Note to Willpunisher: You have lost signature privileges until November 1, 2010. You may remove this message, but may not add anything to your signature until November 1.

Note to Asshole Mods: Stop being assholes and teasing me. If you going to ban me because you guys are fucking dicks than just do it already. Fucking bitches.

he's lost plenty, and was first submitted by gunnar nelson i think
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

Nice little gi plug there.

You don't need the GI to get better at grappling. It's the actual grappling that makes you better.

Also Monson will be back.

Their are tournaments all the time. All across the world,everyone looses,everyone wins. Just this week I tapped my instructor, does that mean I am a better practitioner then him,hell no, just means I can out muscle his skill level sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

Monson sure is active....seems like he's in a tournament of some sorts every weekend!

OK how do you choke out a dude with no neck

Hey Will,

Nice job changing the thread title to include Brazilian.

Monson's one of my favourite all time fighters and think he's got one of the greatest skillsets in MMA and is a beast on the mats for sure...

Quote Originally Posted by CRisCO View Post
    Hey Will,

Nice job changing the thread title to include Brazilian.
    haha thats what I was thinking but he had to make the article the same name as the original thats why he did it... I think... I hope...

Wow Monson got sub'd huh. I guess you would have to go after his neck since its hard to grab those T-Rex arms. Love The Snowman tho cant wait to hear about him winning back in the ring. I wish he could get on a promotion to where i can watch him fight.
    "I AM THE PUNISHMENT OF GOD, IF YOU HAVE NOT COMMITTED GREAT SINS GOD WOULD NOT HAVE SENT A PUNISHMENT LIKE ME UPON YOU."

~ Genghis Khan

Thread Information