Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: End of WFA. WHY would Dana NOT sign Rampage?

Default End of WFA. WHY would Dana NOT sign Rampage?

Ok, so it isn't official but if WFA haven't paid their employees, then they are very close. If WFA goes out of business in the very near future, Rampage becomes free agent. Now, why would Dana NOT want to sign Rampage? Yes, money may be the obvious answer but Rampage is LHW and he is quite a character that can bring money to UFC. So why would Dana NOT want to sign Rampage?

My answer is that Dana is afraid that a "washed-up" Pride fighter is going to come in and beat down a champion that UFC constantly pushes as best eva. He doesn't want to blow the bubbles of so many MMA newcomers.

If that's not the case, then why not sign Rampage? the guy is still a badass and he is entertainment before, during and after the fights. It sounds like a no brainer to me. Or am I missing something here?

Rampage is greedy. I can see that being a problem, but you are more likely to be correct imo that Dana wouldn't want Chuck to get beat by an ex-Pride fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypergit
    Rampage is greedy. I can see that being a problem, but you are more likely to be correct imo that Dana wouldn't want Chuck to get beat by an ex-Pride fighter.

Yes. Rampage's favorite words in MMA are "Cha-Ching!"and he reminds everyone about it. But damn it, the guy deserves it in my book and it is a shame if the new american fans are deprived of Rampage.

Malice Guest

Rampage is washed up? He is like 28 years old and he has lost 6 times and in his last 15 fights over the last 3 years he has lost to Shogun and Wandy and beaten a ton of great competition.

Dana should be begging for Rampage as Chuck is going to be too old real soon.

Chuck will be 37 years old on the 17th...that is friggin old for MMA.
    Last edited by Malice; 12-07-2006 at 07:52 PM.

i think that they will sign rampage.

as long as chuck beats tito, it can set up a rqampage warm up match probably against winner of forrest/jardine. and then it gives the ufc a give rematch to hype in rampage vs chuck.

dana has come out and said he wants to sign the best, whatever you think of rampage he is still a very dangerous fighter. this fight makes dana alot of money. and it keeps him from having to work with pride ina wandy vs chuck fight... shit i think we've gone almost 2 weeks without mention of a wandu vs chuck fight.. Sorry

i agree. i as well think that dana would sign rampage.......dollar bill signs everywhere on this one. chuck is dana's boy, but dana knows he could sell the hell outta a chuck vs. rampage 2.

i think he will try to sign rampage and get him at a good price. and if they get crocrop they will sure change the scheme on things in ufc. and all the talk about dana's poster boy champs he brought in talent to beat two of them why not spice it up with talent that could possibly beat others he wants great talent at bargin prices ( he is the sam walton of mma)

I'm sure Rampage will be approached by the UFC. Dana can sell the hell outta that for the fans that know who Rampage is and know that he beat Chuck 3 years ago. Plus he can make one hell of a video package for the fans that do not know the history. Chuck has stated over and over in interviews that this is the un-avenged loss that he wants this fight as well as a fight with Wand. I think the main thing it will come down to is if Rampage excepts the offer that UFC gives him. We shall see if any of this even plays out.

there seems to be alot of shaking going on in mma orgs right now which leaves alot of chances to pick up great talent to increase division in ufc

It depends if Rampage would go back to Pride or not. If he isn't interested in fighting for Pride again then this is the only other real option for him. He probably doesn't want to fight for another upstart promotion after dealing with the WFA, too much uncertainty about the success of all the upstarts. He should go somewhere where he knows that they'll give him plenty of fights. No point in getting a PPV percentage on a PPV that gets no buys.

Thread Information