Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: End of WFA. WHY would Dana NOT sign Rampage?

Default chungt79.......The Chuck hunter

Here we go again.....Since when is Rampage washed up?I think Dana White would like to sign Rampage but everybody knows that this guy wants big money and with Dana White being the king of cheap, it's hard to make that happen. I don't know if there is a person in the world that thinks Chuck doesn't want to fight Rampage. It's up to the UFC to make it happen though not Chuck. On the other hand Dana White knows how much money this would bring in and I don't see him not trying to sign him.

P.S. If I had a dollar for everytime that chungt79 has dissed Chuck in a thread, I would buy out the UFC, WFA & Pride and make the damn fight myself.....right after Lidell vs Silva of course

I can see dana signing ramapge, gives chuck his chance to avenge his loss. And if rampage were to win, dana would have him under contract for more fights and it would give him a younger fighter. I dont think dana is worried about having a ex pride fighter as champ. He has that right now with anderson silva, who lost his last 2 fights in pride.

Malice Guest

Some say Rampage has lost a step, some say he found Jesus...whatever! I think the dude would be pumped to come into the UFC and fight Chuck. Throw him a can and then Chuck vs Rampage for the De Niro muchas grande...

we all know dana is so tight he squeaks but he also is a major business man and he will try to get jackson. and any champ should want to fight best just to prove thay are best

Malice Guest

The Chuck vs Rampage match would set a new record in PPV. It just makes so much money for UFC.

Quote Originally Posted by chungt79
    Ok, so it isn't official but if WFA haven't paid their employees, then they are very close. If WFA goes out of business in the very near future, Rampage becomes free agent. Now, why would Dana NOT want to sign Rampage? Yes, money may be the obvious answer but Rampage is LHW and he is quite a character that can bring money to UFC. So why would Dana NOT want to sign Rampage?

My answer is that Dana is afraid that a "washed-up" Pride fighter is going to come in and beat down a champion that UFC constantly pushes as best eva. He doesn't want to blow the bubbles of so many MMA newcomers.

If that's not the case, then why not sign Rampage? the guy is still a badass and he is entertainment before, during and after the fights. It sounds like a no brainer to me. Or am I missing something here?
    Why so negative??

WFA isn't 100% done yet so he can't sign Rampage yet but you are already assuming he won't and trying to figure out his excuse....

Why don't you wait til WFA officially folds before you make judgements.
    Hating on Anderson Silva before it was the cool thing to do.

The idea of a "true number one contender" is the stupidiest MMA idea to be perpetuated by fans and media, EVER.

HATES the new MMANEWS forum. Bring back the dark background.

if wfa not playing fighters wouldn't that constitute and breach of contract thus allowing jackson to sign with anyone he chooses

Quote Originally Posted by alfin
    if wfa not playing fighters wouldn't that constitute and breach of contract thus allowing jackson to sign with anyone he chooses
    1. The news, from what I've read and heard, is that the employees haven't been paid not the fighters. So I would assume the Rampage would have to fight again and then not be paid for the contract to be voided.

2. There are measures a company can take when something like this happens, it isn't an immediate disolution. Look at the Ottawa Senators in 2004 I think for an example.
    Hating on Anderson Silva before it was the cool thing to do.

The idea of a "true number one contender" is the stupidiest MMA idea to be perpetuated by fans and media, EVER.

HATES the new MMANEWS forum. Bring back the dark background.

I believe he could sign with anyone, because Salaverry already signed with the IFL and he was under contract with the WFA I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iceman
    P.S. If I had a dollar for everytime that chungt79 has dissed Chuck in a thread, I would buy out the UFC, WFA & Pride and make the damn fight myself.....right after Lidell vs Silva of course
    Haha this is funny cause I was just bustin Chungt79's balls about this the other day. Anyways this fight would be perfect for Chuck's next fight after Tito since the big question lately is what is next for Chuck after Tito. It's either see Chuck dismantle less talented fighters than Tito, see Chuck try his hand in the HW division or see Chuck vs Rampage.

Thread Information