Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: End of WFA. WHY would Dana NOT sign Rampage?

i dont see where chung dissed chuck at all
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

Malice Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    i dont see where chung dissed chuck at all
    Was wondering about that too...where is the dis? looked pretty straight forward post to me.

Once Rampage is officially out of the WFA contract, I'm sure the UFC will make him an offer. It would refresh the LHW division pretty nicely. We just have to wait and see what happend. Rampage's demands might be too high or another org could offer him more money than the UFC feels he is worth.

i'm sure chuck would love an oppurtunity at a rematch too, its his only loss he has yet to avenge

Quote Originally Posted by AudieMurphy1
    i'm sure chuck would love an oppurtunity at a rematch too, its his only loss he has yet to avenge
    and if hes lucky enough to not face Rampage at his best he'll avenge it, Rampage at his best is like Hughes vs Penn, only Penn doesnt gas.. its just a bad matchup for him.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    and if hes lucky enough to not face Rampage at his best he'll avenge it, Rampage at his best is like Hughes vs Penn, only Penn doesnt gas.. its just a bad matchup for him.
    i agree its a bad match up for chuck, but chucks a smart guy though and i'm sure he'd be more prepared to deal with what jackson brings to the table a second time around, i'd really love to see this fight

I dont understand why everyone thinks that the UFC doesnt sign someone because they dont want their champion to lose. I really dont think Dana White cares who wins the fights as long as it brings in the money for him and his company.

What does he care if chuck loses, the fight will still brings in a ton of money!

Quote Originally Posted by AudieMurphy1
    i agree its a bad match up for chuck, but chucks a smart guy though and i'm sure he'd be more prepared to deal with what jackson brings to the table a second time around, i'd really love to see this fight
    Yeah I'd say both fighters would be fully prepared for this fight for sure. It wouldnt be a repeat of their first fight. Hopefully we get to see this but I have this feeling that we are just getting our hopes up once again.

Quote Originally Posted by YukonJordan
    1. The news, from what I've read and heard, is that the employees haven't been paid not the fighters. So I would assume the Rampage would have to fight again and then not be paid for the contract to be voided.

2. There are measures a company can take when something like this happens, it isn't an immediate disolution. Look at the Ottawa Senators in 2004 I think for an example.
    If employees aren't paid to the point where they're suing their boss, then it is a serious problem. Add that to the fact that WFA postponed and doesnt know when their next event will be, then you have a company that is in some deep shit. I really don't think this is a rocket science here and it is only a matter of time before WFA goes out of business. WFA is hanging by a thread right now and how are they going to pay for legal fees if they cant even afford their employees?

Dana didn't sign Rampage last time when he was a free agent and I heard that UFC didnt even try. So based on the recent past, I am not too far off when i say Dana wont sign Rampage.

Lastly, I DID NOT MEAN RAMPAGE WAS A WASHUP. I PUT THAT IN QUOTES BECAUSE THAT'S HOW PRIDE TREATED HIM LIKE WHEN HIS CONTRCT EXPIRED. IN FACT, I SAID HE WAS A BADASS SO STOP JUMPING THE GUN AS SOON AS YOU SEE SOMETHING YOU DONT LIKE.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBanda
    Yeah I'd say both fighters would be fully prepared for this fight for sure. It wouldnt be a repeat of their first fight. Hopefully we get to see this but I have this feeling that we are just getting our hopes up once again.
    i agree on all accounts

Thread Information