Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fighters ear torn off in Pancrase fight

Default Fighters ear torn off in Pancrase fight

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/06/0...f-in-pancrase/

Shigeyuki Uchiyama's Ear Torn Off in Pancrase0
    6/05/2010 8:23 AM ET By Daniel Herbertson

Daniel Herbertson
    MMA Writer and Photographer
    Shigeki Uchiyama was en route to a win over Masaya "J-Taro" Takita, bloodying his opponent with punches and knees and controlling the pace comfortably. Things were looking good for the Grabaka fighter until somehow, during a double leg takedown that fell through the ropes, the top of his ear was torn off.

It was not clear how the cauliflowered ear was torn but blood could be seen on the top and bottom ropes. Most likely, Uchiyama's ear was caught in the vertical ropes that keep the horizontal ropes even, although no blood could be seen on them.

Share4 As soon as Pancrase officials identified what the bloody lump on the canvas was a doctor check was called and the bout was stopped at 2:57 of Round 2.

Uchiyama was taken along with his severed ear immediately following the bout via ambulance to hospital. It is not yet known if his ear can be reattached. Alarmingly, no adjustment or check was done to the ropes following the accident and bouts continued as normal. Masaya Takita was awarded the win by TKO.
    Read More: News Japan

Pretty disturbing photos...that would've fricken hurt!!!!
    Last edited by kickass32; 06-05-2010 at 04:49 PM. Reason: got it
    " I don't want to die for you, but if dying is asked of me, I'll bear that cross with honour, 'cause freedom don't come free."
    "All men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

Quote Originally Posted by kickass32 View Post
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/06/05/shigeyuki-uchiyamas-ear-torn-off-in-pancrase/

Pretty disturbing photos...that would've fricken hurt!!!!

I tried to include the photos...but apparently I don't know what the fuck I'm doing.
    you don't do http when you do the link, the link tab will automatically add the http tag so your link doesn't work either

that had to fuckin hurt.

i know i know understatement of the year

figured it out...thanks...oh I see you got them up too...sorry...anyways thanks for the tip, and these are pretty gruesome
    " I don't want to die for you, but if dying is asked of me, I'll bear that cross with honour, 'cause freedom don't come free."
    "All men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

That's one big chunk of cauliflower ear.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

WHAT? Mike Tyson was there...

hope he grabbed that lil piece to either bbq it or use it as trophy.
    -SIGNATURE REMOVED FOR EXCEEDING SIZE LIMIT-

Note to Willpunisher: You have lost signature privileges until November 1, 2010. You may remove this message, but may not add anything to your signature until November 1.

Note to Asshole Mods: Stop being assholes and teasing me. If you going to ban me because you guys are fucking dicks than just do it already. Fucking bitches.

Can you ear me now?

What an eerie picture!

that is freaking awesome, best injury I've seen in a while.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information