Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirko To ufc

I'm still not sure why everyone is on the Vera bandwagon, he can't beat Sylvia or Arlovsky. They're not that great but he's not that good. The only reason he is a possible contender is because the division is so thin.

All I can say is Arlovski vs Cro Cop is one of my dream matchups... Please Dana, let it happen...please
    (I still don't see Cro Cop losing that one...)

Quote Originally Posted by Palma Wrestler
    I'm still not sure why everyone is on the Vera bandwagon, he can't beat Sylvia or Arlovsky. They're not that great but he's not that good. The only reason he is a possible contender is because the division is so thin.
    People are on his bandwagon cuz his Muay thai is good, he has ADCC credentials and a brown belt in BJJ

he can beat Tim Sylvia, his standup is better then Tim

Vera's Muay Thai>>>>Tim's sloppy boxing

AA I dunno about, AA is always a KO threat and has clean boxing.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Samurai
    People are on his bandwagon cuz his Muay thai is good, he has ADCC credentials and a brown belt in BJJ

he can beat Tim Sylvia, his standup is better then Tim

Vera's Muay Thai>>>>Tim's sloppy boxing

AA I dunno about, AA is always a KO threat and has clean boxing.
    His Muay Thai has been that good against a bunch of no namers. Brown belt isn't world class and I'm not sure why everyone brings it up. Barry Bonds played int AAA baseball. Tim is sloppy, but he's not fighting any boxers, and he is an akward man to fight. I still think Arlovsky has the ability, but Sylvia is in his head now. I think everyone wants Vera to be better then he is. Until he fights either two he aint shit as far as I'm concerned. If he were fighting Rashad, I'd put money on Rashad.

AA kinda lost his hype with 2 straight losses to sylvia
    4-3-1 in Sig Bets.

"If you fuck with me I'm going to fuck with you" Kevin "The Monster" Randleman

His Muay Thai has been that good against a bunch of no namers. Brown belt isn't world class and I'm not sure why everyone brings it up. Barry Bonds played int AAA baseball. Tim is sloppy, but he's not fighting any boxers, and he is an akward man to fight. I still think Arlovsky has the ability, but Sylvia is his head now. I think everyone wants Vera to be better then he is. Until he fights either two he aint shit as far as I'm concerned. If he were fighting Rashad, I'd put money on Rashad.
    Dont base his muay thai on who hes fighting because he came into the UFC with good muay thai. A Brown belt in BJJ is still better then what most have at HW in the UFC other then a few fighters.
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

Dont base his muay thai on who hes fighting because he came into the UFC with good muay thai. A Brown belt in BJJ is still better then what most have at HW in the UFC other then a few fighters.
    Agreed, but it is hard to argue that he has proven himself at this point, and the only reason people are talking about him is there is no one else to talk about.

Agreed, but it is hard to argue that he has proven himself at this point, and the only reason people are talking about him is there is no one else to talk about.
    and because Tim has proven his striking is sloppy against cans and good fighters, atleast Vera is proving he has good striking every time he steps into the octagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Howie3045
    AA kinda lost his hype with 2 straight losses to sylvia
    AA will be back better than ever.. just watch. I'm really looking forward to how he performs at the end of the month.

and because Tim has proven his striking is sloppy against cans and good fighters, atleast Vera is proving he has good striking every time he steps into the octagon.
    Yes, but my point is. It's much easier to prove you are a good striker when you're fighting guys like Frank Mir with no stand up. The only reason I will give it up to Sylvia is because he beat AA twice. I agree with Big Banda. AA will be back and is the best HW in the UFC.

Thread Information