Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mirko To ufc

i hope mirko doesnt leave off to ufc.. and stays with pride to fight at least fedor, if mirko goal is aiming for the top of the world heavy weight fighter that is, he shouldnt go to ufc to get stuck in a cage ! he'll be fighting way below his standards.. not that i dont like ufc.. its awesome!
    but i dont mind him goin to ufc.. wanna see vera vs crocop!

Quote Originally Posted by dork8503
    says he will make his choice on sunday if he will fight in the ufc, what do you think his choice will be, and what do you think about it if he does decide to come to ufc, i think it will be awsome because tim will deff not have the belt for long if he comes in, i really hope he does because there will be one of the greatest highlight reels for ufc , cro crop will murder tim with kicks,
    I pray to God he goes to UFC. Cro Cop will kill Tim, Vera, and everyone else in the HW division. I hope he goes to UFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Palma Wrestler
    I'm still not sure why everyone is on the Vera bandwagon, he can't beat Sylvia or Arlovsky. They're not that great but he's not that good. The only reason he is a possible contender is because the division is so thin.
    I think Vera is a good fighter (and no, I'm not a member of his band wagon) but I dont think he is on the same level of Crocop, or maybe even Sylvia. We'll simply have to wait and see how that fight goes. If he beats Sylvia then he could be a legit top 10 heavy weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasedog
    I think Vera is a good fighter (and no, I'm not a member of his band wagon) but I dont think he is on the same level of Crocop, or maybe even Sylvia. We'll simply have to wait and see how that fight goes. If he beats Sylvia then he could be a legit top 10 heavy weight.
    Exactly. That's all I am saying. Alot of people are talking about how he is going to run through Sylvia and basically consider him #1 in the UFC already. I as well think he is a good fighter and I consider myself a fan, but I am realistic about where he is at in re: contention of the title.

Yes, but my point is. It's much easier to prove you are a good striker when you're fighting guys like Frank Mir with no stand up. The only reason I will give it up to Sylvia is because he beat AA twice. I agree with Big Banda. AA will be back and is the best HW in the UFC.

Dude, Vera is good. He showed against Mir the same night Tim foguht against Monson. I think Mir has a better stand up than Monson and Tim just stood there and did absolutely nothing. Can anyone picture Tim knocking out Mir the way Vera did? I can't. Vera has good striking and he shows it, even if it is against bunch of cans.

Quote Originally Posted by chungt79
    Dude, Vera is good. He showed against Mir the same night Tim foguht against Monson. I think Mir has a better stand up than Monson and Tim just stood there and did absolutely nothing. Can anyone picture Tim knocking out Mir the way Vera did? I can't. Vera has good striking and he shows it, even if it is against bunch of cans.
    What the hell are you talking about? Mir has a better stand up then Monson.? Mir couldn't beat Monson standing or on the ground. He can't fight for 30 seconds withouth beaing gassed. Mir is the worst HW since his accident. And yes Sylvia would knock out Mir in the first round as well, it wouldn't be the same fashion because he doesn't fight like Vera. You're living in a dream, you want there to be a contender so bad you are making one up.

get off the crack if u think cro-cop wouldnt come in and destroy trhe UFC heavy weight division....theres not even an arguement.
    4-3-1 in Sig Bets.

"If you fuck with me I'm going to fuck with you" Kevin "The Monster" Randleman

What the hell are you talking about? Mir has a better stand up then Monson.? Mir couldn't beat Monson standing or on the ground. He can't fight for 30 seconds withouth beaing gassed. Mir is the worst HW since his accident. And yes Sylvia would knock out Mir in the first round as well, it wouldn't be the same fashion because he doesn't fight like Vera. You're living in a dream, you want there to be a contender so bad you are making one up.

Tell me Vera isn't in line for the HW title. Am I making it all up? He IS a contender for the HW title in the UFC. what the hell are YOU talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by dork8503
    if you look on the main board well the mmanews.com main page it says cro crop to make his choice about ufc sunday, it says that his offer wasnt in millions, the ufc offer is better then prides money but he dont know if he wants to change jerseys yet and another us mma has offerd him a good deal too
    i'm pretty sure he's waiting to see what fedor does first

As much as I want CroCop in the UFC, I would like to see him fight against better competition in Pride. CroCop will most likely dominate the UFC and if Dana is bringing him in, he needs to bring some other top quality fighters as well.

Thread Information