Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37

Thread: What happened to...

  1. Default

    Cool RH

    I was out of town for a few days and just wondering. Thanks.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Jaded finally crossed over that borderline troll line that he'd been flirting with for so long.

    A) he had a longstanding beef with snakebite, and he'd neg him or post some bullshit message about him, and then complain when snakebite responded.

    B) he then called snakebite a fag in that bullshit game thread where I ended up giving mad warnings.

    C) he then PM'd me to whine about that and tried to explain that he wasn't calling anyone a homosexual slur, that he was simply calling them a british cigarette...which actually goes back to middle ages, and is still homophobic, but I'm not going to go into it. I explained that he needed to get smarter in a hurry. He did not.

    D) he then posted his bullshit British slang theory on the board with the word retard, in either an attempt to get me to further refine what can be said or not, or simply a stunning lack of common sense.

    So I got tired of his bullshit and gave him six months.


    I'm tired of this board being the playground of passive aggressive trolls. If the actual quality of MMA posts were higher, I'd have more patience...but I do not want it devolving any further into sherdogdom.


    Trolls have no place here.

    rh
    Wow 6 months. Though we're not privy to semantic argument you guys had, did it ever get to a point where he refused not to comply?

    What's your stance on racism and coded racism as I would put it?

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    13,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    D) he then posted his bullshit British slang theory on the board with the word retard, in either an attempt to get me to further refine what can be said or not, or simply a stunning lack of common sense.
    Is "retard" a no-no?
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?


  4. #14
    Punk Ass Guest

    Default

    I've been here since 2006 and have never been bant. I must be a nerd.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Jaded finally crossed over that borderline troll line that he'd been flirting with for so long.

    A) he had a longstanding beef with snakebite, and he'd neg him or post some bullshit message about him, and then complain when snakebite responded.

    B) he then called snakebite a fag in that bullshit game thread where I ended up giving mad warnings.

    C) he then PM'd me to whine about that and tried to explain that he wasn't calling anyone a homosexual slur, that he was simply calling them a british cigarette...which actually goes back to middle ages, and is still homophobic, but I'm not going to go into it. I explained that he needed to get smarter in a hurry. He did not.

    D) he then posted his bullshit British slang theory on the board with the word retard, in either an attempt to get me to further refine what can be said or not, or simply a stunning lack of common sense.

    So I got tired of his bullshit and gave him six months.


    I'm tired of this board being the playground of passive aggressive trolls. If the actual quality of MMA posts were higher, I'd have more patience...but I do not want it devolving any further into sherdogdom.



    Trolls have no place here.

    rh

    Let me preface this by saying that I agree the word fag has no place on this board, but is there any chance he could be let out early for good behavior? Six months is a long time.
    Last edited by popsicle; 06-07-2010 at 08:40 PM.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    11,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by b1uef1ow View Post
    Wow 6 months. Though we're not privy to semantic argument you guys had, did it ever get to a point where he refused not to comply?

    What's your stance on racism and coded racism as I would put it?
    The facts that I'd addressed/dismissed almost exactly what he posted [minus the clever-clever addition of "retard"] in a PM before he chose to put it up in the main forum is a tacit indication that he's chose not to comply.

    My stance on bias-related discrimination [racism/sexism/heterosexism/religious bias] is that it has no place here.

    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Is "retard" a no-no?
    There are better ways to make a point, but I'm not seeing it as ban worthy, unless someone complains and the user is warned.

    In this context, I read it as a deliberate passive-aggressive addition designed to needle the point about discrimination. I have no interest in going down a slope where I'm expected to justify each of my actions [this is not a democracy], and I could see it coming up as a problem, why single out gay people and ignore the plight of discriminated-against handicapped.

    I'm not going to play that game.

    Quote Originally Posted by popsicle1228 View Post
    Let me preface this by saying that I agree the word fag has no place on this board, but is there any chance he could be let out early for good behavior? Six months is a long time.
    I don't think so. I'm not even considering it at this point.

    rh

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by popsicle1228 View Post
    Let me preface this by saying that I agree the word fag has no place on this board, but is there any chance he could be let out early for good behavior? Six months is a long time.
    how could he have good behavior? he's banned how could anyone know how well hes behaving if he cant post here? haha
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    how could he have good behavior? he's banned how could anyone know how well hes behaving if he cant post here? haha
    I didn't mean it litterally. I was just curious to see if RH would stick to his guns (so to speak, not literally), and I phrased in the all so cleaver way that would indicate that he is a prison inmate awaiting a parole hearing. Dont tell me you didn't know MMA News has its own parole board?

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    11,937

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    how could he have good behavior? he's banned how could anyone know how well hes behaving if he cant post here? haha
    I dunno man, people seem to like me a lot more when I'm not around, maybe that works for other people too...

    rh

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Very far
    Posts
    9,588

    Default

    While agree with the moderating system sometimes I think that some things dont make sense.

    For example there were many people banned only because they made jokes about the Tito/Jenna problem (as if Tito or Jenna are very close people to us..) but in the same thread there were a lot of insults between forum members and they were not punished at all.

    Anyway in this case I think that moderators should not only remember the bad things that some user made, they should remember the good things. I dont know for how much time Willpunisher is banned, I know that he has some differences with some forum members and posted some threads in the wrong section but he also provides good info about Brazilian fighters so I persoanlly think he should not be banned for a long time.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •