Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Non title fights

Default Non title fights

I see that Gomi's fight on the Pride card has been finalized, and is a non title fight. I see no reason why a champion should be fighting, and not putting his belt on the line. The one exception should be tournaments. Thats it.:banghead:

Quote Originally Posted by Frasedog
    I see that Gomi's fight on the Pride card has been finalized, and is a non title fight. I see no reason why a champion should be fighting, and not putting his belt on the line. The one exception should be tournaments. Thats it.:banghead:
    Yeah thats pretty much my only criticism on Pride... champions not defending their belts.

seriously, gomi should be defending his title.

Anytime the champ fights it should be for the title. For the tournament thing, I think the champ shouldnt participate but face the winner.

I know how cool some people think it is to hate the UFC, so I could just imagine what they'd say if was them not making their champs fight instead of Pride....................

Pride said they're taking in our criticism and they said they'll be less non title fights in the future so lets all be thankful.

Captain America!!!
    8/9/2008 WAIT FOR IT!

yeah makes no sense why the belt shouldnt be on the line

I agree that the belt should be on the line everytime the guy fights. Otherwise, why fight? Just tap out right away and walk out the champ uninjured. (That last part was tongue in cheeck if you didn't get it).

I disagree with the champs belt being on the line even in tournaments. They are two different beasts.

Yeah that's my biggest knock on Pride is all the non title fights.

i can understand non title in tournament fights but if he's just fighting then it should be title
    4-3-1 in Sig Bets.

"If you fuck with me I'm going to fuck with you" Kevin "The Monster" Randleman

Quote Originally Posted by Howie3045
    i can understand non title in tournament fights but if he's just fighting then it should be title

Yeah the only other time I can see it being a non title fight is if the challenger has to pull out of the fight and all they can find to replace him with is a can. You know someone who really does not deserve a title shot.

Thread Information