Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fedor Interview: Talks about Aleks

Default Fedor Interview: Talks about Aleks

Correspondent - You just came back from a training camp that took place in Elbrus region for a second time. Please tell us about your training and the results of it.

Fedor – Training took place at the elevation of 2200 meters (approximately 7217 feet). Main goal was to improve conditioning, which was accomplished successfully. I have about two more weeks of this intense training, and then I will begin preparation for the upcoming bout. Also, because of a great coaching, I’ve lost some weight and now I am at about 227 pounds. However, visually it might look like I weight a bit more…

Correspondent – In November, your brother Alexander was competing in Pride that took place in Holland. Could you tell us about that?

Fedor - This fight was unfortunate for Alex. He lost to F. Verdum. Our coach said that Alex fought an amateurish battle and was doing everything he wasn’t supposed to do. Everything he was warned about he still did in the ring. Maybe Alex became overconfident too soon… It looks like Alex thinks way too much of himself as a fighter, and stopped training as he used too (we are not sparing together for almost 6 months already), therefore it’s he’s second loss recently.
    Correspondent – Do you see a way for Alex get out of this situation? Is there anything you can do to help him continue his successful career? Not so long ago he only needed minutes, or even seconds to defeat his opponents.

Fedor – to be honest with you, I don’t even want to interfere. He’s a grown man and he’s making he’s own choices.

Correspondent – Maybe you’re right. It’s happens often that by giving advice you could be blamed later on for trying to help.

Fedor – We had this situation after Alex’s fight with Josh Barnett. Alex actually blamed me for his loss, even though he didn’t listen to any of my suggestions. I hope it was a good lesson for him. Therefore, from now on I am not going to get into his business.
    Correspondent – Any chance of seeing your youngest brother Ivan in the MMA ring?

Fedor – Actually, in the near future, Ivan is going to participate in the Sambo tournament. Very often he’s coming along to our camps and even came to the recent one as well. However, it doesn’t make sence for him to participate in Pride yet. He’s not ready yet.
    Unfortunately, Ivan is little unsteady. Sometimes he’s training very hard, and after he’s not training enough. Maybe he thinks that he could be successful without training in full gear. Him and Alex got the same problem. If Alex was training hard enough, he would have been a #1 contender for a champions title. However, due to the fact that he trains only right before the actual fight, he takes more losses.
    Correspondent – Who is Alex training with right now?

Fedor – Before latest Pride Alex went to train in Holland. Alex needed a great wrestling partner, because F. Werdum is great on the ground. Unfortunately, Alex simply didn’t have anybody in Holland to practice on the ground, and even though our coaches were inviting him several times to go with us, Alex simply denied all invitations. Alex was sure that Holland would be better for him, and we see the results.

Correspondent – Pride already had two events in Holland, one even took place in USA. Does Pride have any plans to go worldwide?

Fedor – I know that there were talks with China and South Korea, however, everything is still in talks and nothing more than that. I don’t know when Pride will actually have any events in those countries.

As far as I know, there is also talk about having some events in Russia. However, when Pride will actually have an event is unknown. However, Russian MMA fans will have a great opportunity to attend a tournament “Russian vs. USA” (BoDoG), which will take place in St. Petersburg.
    Roman Zentsov and I will be representing Russian team, along with some of the young fighters…

Gegard Mousasi- 25-2-1

"However great the kindness and the efficiency, in every hospital death there will be some cruel, squalid detail, something perhaps too small to be told but leaving terribly painful memories behind, arising out of the haste, the crowding, the impersonality of a place where every day people are dying among strangers"

very interesting read.

Captain America!!!
    8/9/2008 WAIT FOR IT!

yea interesting indeed...sounds like aleks has some resentment towards fedor
    4-3-1 in Sig Bets.

"If you fuck with me I'm going to fuck with you" Kevin "The Monster" Randleman

Quote Originally Posted by Howie3045
    yea interesting indeed...sounds like aleks has some resentment towards fedor
    It would be tough living in your big brothers shadows.I hope Aleksander goes to the UFC ,maybe that'll re motivate him some ,b/c there he'd be in immediate title contention.

Captain America!!!
    8/9/2008 WAIT FOR IT!

Sounds like Aleks has his head up his ass.

Good for Fedor on minding his own business.

Just makes you wonder though...you don;t listen to the one guy who is the best in the world. Amazing...simply amazing...

Fedor is the God of MMA. Every fighter should take note of his meakness.

Fighters need to train constantly. Aleks reminds me of Karo Parisyan, only trains when a fight is approaching.

Gegard Mousasi- 25-2-1

"However great the kindness and the efficiency, in every hospital death there will be some cruel, squalid detail, something perhaps too small to be told but leaving terribly painful memories behind, arising out of the haste, the crowding, the impersonality of a place where every day people are dying among strangers"

I'm not a big Pride guy (I prefer a cage to a ring, yeah I know), but the only times I've seen Aleks face a big name, he's lost. Which particular victories make people place him where they do?

tmatwig Guest

that sucks aleksander is one of my favorite fighters, bj penn said he got burnt out too, cant wait for ivan

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio
    I'm not a big Pride guy (I prefer a cage to a ring, yeah I know), but the only times I've seen Aleks face a big name, he's lost. Which particular victories make people place him where they do?
    That is a really poor reason to not watch Pride, the ring vs cage is meaningless, the big picture is MMA. Fighter vs fighter, Pride has by far more world class fighter than any other organization and they don't put a bunch of cans on their PPV's (with the exception of the Real Deal but that was to cater to American fans).

More valid reasons are title fights but the cage vs ring is a bad reason to not watch an organization. MMA is much bigger than a cage vs ring.

Thread Information