Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fedor Interview: Talks about Aleks

Quote Originally Posted by dagreat1
    That is a really poor reason to not watch Pride,

I do watch it, but to me the ring makes it feel too much like wrestling or boxing. That and UFC DVDs are more available. I don't neglect Pride because they have a traditional ring, but personally there's something about a cage that's more exciting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by dagreat1
    the ring vs cage is meaningless, the big picture is MMA. Fighter vs fighter, Pride has by far more world class fighter than any other organization and they don't put a bunch of cans on their PPV's (with the exception of the Real Deal but that was to cater to American fans).

More valid reasons are title fights but the cage vs ring is a bad reason to not watch an organization. MMA is much bigger than a cage vs ring.

No argument that Pride has most of the best fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio
    I do watch it, but to me the ring makes it feel too much like wrestling or boxing. That and UFC DVDs are more available. I don't neglect Pride because they have a traditional ring, but personally there's something about a cage that's more exciting to me.

No argument that Pride has most of the best fighters.
    It would be very interesting to see how many fans would switch that favor UFC over PRIDE if PRIDE adopted the cage and dissposed of the ring.

Malice Guest

Fedor and Aleks sound like me and my younger brother, sometimes younger siblings just don't want to take advice no matter how good it is. He is doing the right thing and just staying out.

Fedor really has his head on straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio
    Which particular victories make people place him where they do?
    Aleksander has defeated Assuerio Silva.Silva may not be the best fighter in the world ,but for a debut match it isn't a bad win ,he's also defeated Sergei Kharitonov(a man who's considered by some a top ten HW),he's defeated Pawe³ Nastula(He was the 1995 and 1997 Judo World Champion, and 1996 gold medallist at the olympic games),Aleksander's defeated some tough opponents before and deserves to have recognition(Aleksanders easily a top ten HW)

Captain America!!!
    8/9/2008 WAIT FOR IT!

yea fedor is a classy guy. not cocky or overconfident. pride has some of the best fighters in the world. yet us americans will never really know about them. pussy ass tim sylvia i reallt wanted to see his face beat in.

hmmm...interesting information, sounds like aleks has hit his sophmore slump, hopefully the loss will wake him up, he's still one of favorite fighters though

Doesnt sound like a happy family. Aleks is probably too proud to listen to Fedor's advices. Normally, pride is one of the worst things when you're learning. the fact that he trains just before the fight doesnt help his cause either. Aleks seems like someone who just needs to grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Intellectual
    If Alex was training hard enough, he would have been a #1 contender for a champions title. However, due to the fact that he trains only right before the actual fight, he takes more losses.
    Well sounds like he will fit right in at UFC many of their fighteres don't train all year round and only before a fight so Looks like Alex found a home.

Malice Guest

LOL I was thinking the same thing...Aleks would do really well in the UFC with it's 6 week training before 3 fights a year.

Thread Information