Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best come-from-behind wins ever

Default Best come-from-behind wins ever

What do guys think? Here are some that come to mind:

Josh Neer v. Melvin Guillard - Neer got cut BAD. I thought they were going to stop the fight, but they let it go. Then with like a minute left, Neer sinks in a tri-choke and Guillard taps. I know damn well that if that round had ended, they would've stopped the fight b/c of that cut. he was oozing.

Drew Fickett v. Josh Koscheck- K-os controls the fight and is on his way to a unanimous decision, but with less than a minute to go, Fickett comes to life and sinks in a RNC for the submission.

Thoughts??

Hughes/Trigg

but again Rampage/Arona takes the crown
    "CB Dollaway made a bad decision and now he gets a 2nd chance to earn a victory tonight against CB Dollaway" - Mike Goldberg
    Fav MMA: Sudo, Stevenson, Shields, Kid, Werdum, Hendo, Rampage, Gomi, Sakurai, Okami, Penn, Kawajiri, Big Nogs

Fav Boxers: Sam Peter, RJJ, Pacman, Dawson, Frazier, Hatton, Winky Wright, Paul Williams, SSM, Miranda, Cotto, Linares

Good examples. How about Scott Smith vs Pete Sell? Although the fight was kind of close until the end but who would have expected Scott to ko Pete just seconds after he fell to the mat in a crumpled heap from that vicious body blow. Even after he sprang back up and got the quick ko on Pete, Scott fell back down and was still hurting from that body blow. He said he had one punch left in him and lucky for him it was enough.

yeah, i gotta go smith/sell, but neer/guillard was a good one. and he wasn't really behind, but going from being slightly handled to dominance would be frank shamrock/tito

5-6 in sig/av bets. I'm the Ross Pointon of Sig bets

evan tanner vs. phil baroni...

Pete Williams vs. Mark Coleman and Shonie Carter vs. Matt Serra.

The other ones mentioned were good too.

Captain America!!!
    8/9/2008 WAIT FOR IT!

overeem/chuck. chuck is getting picked apart, but as soon as overeem gasses, BAM, the bomb comes down on Overeems forehead and he is long gone down queer street

rampage/arona.

Penn/hughes 2.

Trigg/Hughes 2.

Smirnovas/Sakuraba.
    Favorites
    HW: Cro Cop | Barnett | Gonzaga
    LHW: Rampage| Shogun
    MW: KANG | Sakuraba | Spider Silva | Baroni | Akiyama
    WW: Thiago Alves | GSP | Mach
    LW: Gomi | BJ Penn | Aoki | Jamie Varner reppin' AZCS | DIDA
    FW: KID

9-7 in sig/av bets

I'd go so far as to say that Hughes got saved by the bell in his second fight with Penn. If the round had lasted just a few more seconds ...

griffin vs ortiz (i kno girrfin lost the decision but i think everybody agrees that decison was b/s)

All good examples.

I've gotta point out GSP/Penn; Penn busted GSP open in that first round, and GSP came from behind to pull out the decision, albeit a close one.

Thread Information