Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Notified when we are quoted

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Triggsylvania
    Posts
    3,552

    Default Notified when we are quoted

    I would like it if we could somehow be notified when someone else quotes us. So then, we could go back to that thread and respond. I am thinking it could be like when we have a new PM and a pop up notifies us.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Joplin,Missouri
    Posts
    5,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thelegendrvb
    I would like it if we could somehow be notified when someone else quotes us. So then, we could go back to that thread and respond. I am thinking it could be like when we have a new PM and a pop up notifies us.
    I'm against this idea.I don't want a trillion messages.

    Captain America!!!
    8/9/2008 WAIT FOR IT!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Triggsylvania
    Posts
    3,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killerinstinct
    I'm against this idea.I don't want a trillion messages.
    It would not be an actual PM sent to you. Just a notification like when you get a new PM. The little window pops up and tells you that you have a new message and them offers to take you to it. I was thinking of something along those lines.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Joplin,Missouri
    Posts
    5,016

    Default

    I'm still against it.I don't want to get a trillion of pop up thing everytime I get on here.

    Captain America!!!
    8/9/2008 WAIT FOR IT!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thelegendrvb
    It would not be an actual PM sent to you. Just a notification like when you get a new PM. The little window pops up and tells you that you have a new message and them offers to take you to it. I was thinking of something along those lines.
    Nice idea, but I agree with Killer that it could make life hard for the post whores

    Also, it sounds like it would be a nightmare to implement something like that - would probably take some serious programming rather than just a template tweek.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Triggsylvania
    Posts
    3,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killerinstinct
    I'm still against it.I don't want to get a trillion of pop up thing everytime I get on here.
    Well maybe if you did not post 20 fucking times a day it would not be a problem.




    Quote Originally Posted by Hypergit
    Nice idea, but I agree with Killer that it could make life hard for the post whores

    Also, it sounds like it would be a nightmare to implement something like that - would probably take some serious programming rather than just a template tweek.

    First of all lol. Secondly, I agree it would take some major programming. I did not think they would ever actually do it. I kind of just wanted to see what everyone else thought of it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    2,117

    Default

    I like the idea. A choice could be given whether you want the notification or not, if something like this was implemented. You can choose if you want the pop up for PM notification, or if you want an email sent to you, or if you want no notification. Same thing with subscriptions.

    I know I would choose to get it. It would be nice too if you go to the trouble of answering someone's question, they would know to go back to the thread.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    ValÚncia, Spain
    Posts
    8,679

    Default

    I like the idea too. Though it would be good to make it optional. That way the guys who post a ton wouldn't have to deal with it.

    Wibblywobblywonder

    14-4 Sig Bets

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    3,648

    Default

    I'm for the idea.
    Member with the most bans and still with his original account.

    "Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry. Happiness I cannot feel and love to me is so unreal."-Black Sabbath

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Posts
    7,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killerinstinct
    I'm against this idea.I don't want a trillion messages.
    Exactly. How hard is it to go back to a thread you posted on?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •