Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Notified when we are quoted

Default Notified when we are quoted

I would like it if we could somehow be notified when someone else quotes us. So then, we could go back to that thread and respond. I am thinking it could be like when we have a new PM and a pop up notifies us.

Quote Originally Posted by thelegendrvb
    I would like it if we could somehow be notified when someone else quotes us. So then, we could go back to that thread and respond. I am thinking it could be like when we have a new PM and a pop up notifies us.
    I'm against this idea.I don't want a trillion messages.

Captain America!!!
    8/9/2008 WAIT FOR IT!

Quote Originally Posted by killerinstinct
    It would not be an actual PM sent to you. Just a notification like when you get a new PM. The little window pops up and tells you that you have a new message and them offers to take you to it. I was thinking of something along those lines.

I'm still against it.I don't want to get a trillion of pop up thing everytime I get on here.

Captain America!!!
    8/9/2008 WAIT FOR IT!

Quote Originally Posted by thelegendrvb
    It would not be an actual PM sent to you. Just a notification like when you get a new PM. The little window pops up and tells you that you have a new message and them offers to take you to it. I was thinking of something along those lines.
    Nice idea, but I agree with Killer that it could make life hard for the post whores

Also, it sounds like it would be a nightmare to implement something like that - would probably take some serious programming rather than just a template tweek.

I'm still against it.I don't want to get a trillion of pop up thing everytime I get on here.
    Well maybe if you did not post 20 fucking times a day it would not be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypergit
    Nice idea, but I agree with Killer that it could make life hard for the post whores

Also, it sounds like it would be a nightmare to implement something like that - would probably take some serious programming rather than just a template tweek.

First of all lol. Secondly, I agree it would take some major programming. I did not think they would ever actually do it. I kind of just wanted to see what everyone else thought of it.

I like the idea. A choice could be given whether you want the notification or not, if something like this was implemented. You can choose if you want the pop up for PM notification, or if you want an email sent to you, or if you want no notification. Same thing with subscriptions.

I know I would choose to get it. It would be nice too if you go to the trouble of answering someone's question, they would know to go back to the thread.

I like the idea too. Though it would be good to make it optional. That way the guys who post a ton wouldn't have to deal with it.

Wibblywobblywonder

14-4 Sig Bets

I'm for the idea.
    Member with the most bans and still with his original account.

"Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry. Happiness I cannot feel and love to me is so unreal."-Black Sabbath

Exactly. How hard is it to go back to a thread you posted on?

Thread Information