Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do not post anything from MMABay

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    Something in particular recently get your ire up?

BTW, glad I happened to catch this thread. Don't want you clubbing me with your banstick. I'm very sensitive you know. *snicker*
    No, nothing in particular. They're just a crap site that makes things up to get attention when they run out of actual stories [which is about 90% of the time]. I'm tired of reading their made-up interviews and misquotes and foolishness as though it was legitimate news, getting all the mopes worked up on the board and normalizing rumors and innuendo. And they're not even creative and/or imaginative about the stuff they make up, they try to make it credible. If someone was writing "Tim Sylvia to fight Werewolf-midget tag-team in Laos" stories, I'd probably be OK with them.

or maybe not.

Yes, they occasionally don't completely fabricate things and have actual news...but I look at it this way...if I had a dog that occasionally didn't shit on the rug, he's still sleeping outside all the damn time.

I'll forgo the ban for anyone who posts their stuff in noobjack, with RUMOR: in the title. But anything in the main forum--even with RUMOR in the title--thumpity thump goes the ban stick.

Well, just one thump. Three days, that's all.

rh

I would suggest making this a sticky so your not banning new people who have no clue or old members that just missed this thread.

^^^Don't Let This Be YOU^^^
    Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell LHW GOAT
    PS3 - Icerod

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post

Yes, they occasionally don't completely fabricate things and have actual news...but I look at it this way...if I had a dog that occasionally didn't shit on the rug, he's still sleeping outside all the damn time.

rh
    that's among the greatest analogies i've ever heard... but maybe just because i've been hitting the scotch for a few hours.
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    No, nothing in particular. They're just a crap site that makes things up to get attention when they run out of actual stories [which is about 90% of the time]. I'm tired of reading their made-up interviews and misquotes and foolishness as though it was legitimate news, getting all the mopes worked up on the board and normalizing rumors and innuendo. And they're not even creative and/or imaginative about the stuff they make up, they try to make it credible. If someone was writing "Tim Sylvia to fight Werewolf-midget tag-team in Laos" stories, I'd probably be OK with them.

or maybe not.

I'll forgo the ban for anyone who posts their stuff in noobjack, with RUMOR: in the title. But anything in the main forum--even with RUMOR in the title--thumpity thump goes the ban stick.

Well, just one thump. Three days, that's all.

rh
    Thanks. It's not a site I frequent, so I didn't know it was that bad. I too love your analogies and no scotch was involved.

Quote Originally Posted by rodzilla1988 View Post
    I would suggest making this a sticky so your not banning new people who have no clue or old members that just missed this thread.
    Um, I was hoping Rivet might get the idea from my post, but better to be more clear. Repped for reading my mind.

If you haven't already Rivet, you should add this to the forum rules.

I agree, can't stand that site!!!

smoogy hit the nail on the head.
    4-3-1 in Sig Bets.

"If you fuck with me I'm going to fuck with you" Kevin "The Monster" Randleman

I agree, just for the record. They are wrong very often. They are an awful site, and any information they post can usually be found in other places first.

Worst site ever, they should have been banned from this site years ago.

Im sorry, but anytime someone rips on MMAbay I always remind them, that they were the first to say Randy was coming back from his contract disputes to fight Brock Lesnar, in Oregon for the title. HUGE announcement at the time and most likley one of the biggest ever.I posted it here and MMANEWS ended up laughing at it and posting articles calling it "bogus rumor alert". Two days later its on Sherdog and everyone instantly believes it.

Now im not saying everything from there is true, far from it. But why not just do what I do, which is take everything I hear with a grain of salt, untill its been verified by other sites? Why not post two sources? Seems a bit more fair that way. Instead of just saying "post anything ever from this site and your banned!", that just seems biased, like we have a personal beef with them or something. Does anyone even know for sure that they just make up interviews? Thats just wrong if they do, but I hope someone has some proof before we go "declaring war"

Anyways just my 2 cents, neg rep away.

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

TTT

Thread Information