Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: virus / spywere

Quote Originally Posted by mma #1 fan View Post
    its my work pc so iam not really sure i dont get it at home only at work.
    My wife is real smart when it comes to this sort of thing and to day she had said i dont have any spywere on my work pc .
    to be honest i dont know if spywere and internet security are the same thing i am a real dummy when it comes to these pc things
    I haven't caught any malware on this forum and this is from using several systems (XP, Windows 7 and Ubuntu).

Much like with sex though you may want to consider keeping yourself protected just on principle. There are way more malicous sites that you have to worry about. I highly recommend installing both Malwarebytes and Microsoft Security Essentials.

Download Link:
    Malwarebytes: http://download.cnet.com/3001-8022_4...853dcc51c18e3a
    Microsoft Security Essentials: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...2-33d813687a7f

You should always have atleast one anti-malware utility and a Virus scanner like the ones already mentioned or (Trend/McAfee).

Best Regards,
    Last edited by roaddawg; 08-26-2010 at 02:50 AM.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

so i thank you all for your input but me big big dummy. If i down load some of these will it do any thing to my network (at work) cause if i crash my works systems and my boss loses even one dollar i will be a 99 week'r

I have never had issue with virus/spyware from this site. However, if you do have problems with this, in general, here are some great tools. As said before, spybot S&D, superantispyware and ad-aware are great tools. Also, Microsoft Security Essentials is a great anti-virus offered for free by microsoft. If you get something especially nasty and find it is affecting your computer, google search Combo Fix Download. Download it from bleepingcomputer.com and save to your desktop. Run the executable in Windows Safemode and it will clear up 95% of whats out there. PM if anyone has real issue (and still has internet access) these tools give you a good shot though.
    LJS-NEMS

Quote Originally Posted by YukonJordan View Post
    I use Firefox with noscript and adblock plus. Blocks pretty much everything from websites.
    It is a must have.

In Firefox simply goto Tools -> Addons...goto the tab on the left and type in Ad Block hit enter. Choose the application with the Stop Sign, click Install

It will ask to restart and upon restart it will bring up a list of servers...these are the servers that have the adblock lists, choose Easysomething or the other one in bold thats also in the states. Click OK and you are done.

Try going to a site like ESPN or CNN and where they used to have a little ad, they no longer do....same goes for some of the flash popup ones.

Must have for anyone who does anything on the internet. Especially searches anything or clicks any video stream from a strange site. (although it shouldn't ever mess with you because it's an embedded video) Unless you click to go full screen and it takes you to there site....then who knows about their safety.

Haven't been a fan of Adware or Spybot Search and Destroy since 2002. Malwarebyte Antispyware for the win when it comes to problems that have already taken effect....install boot Windows in Safe Mode and then scan and clean using Malwarebyte...that's the best way. Otherwise, it takes to long to fix...backup and format and resintall if you know how to do it.
    Last edited by beau420; 08-26-2010 at 03:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TapOut27 View Post
    This site has been sending computers virus's for the last 3 years. They have never fixed it.
    the mods should ban themselves for allowing that to happen. Instead of teasing they gonna ban me every month cuz i post in the wrong place or i speak my mind.
    -SIGNATURE REMOVED FOR EXCEEDING SIZE LIMIT-

Note to Willpunisher: You have lost signature privileges until November 1, 2010. You may remove this message, but may not add anything to your signature until November 1.

Note to Asshole Mods: Stop being assholes and teasing me. If you going to ban me because you guys are fucking dicks than just do it already. Fucking bitches.

Quote Originally Posted by mma #1 fan View Post
    so i thank you all for your input but me big big dummy. If i down load some of these will it do any thing to my network (at work) cause if i crash my works systems and my boss loses even one dollar i will be a 99 week'r
    Anti-malware utilities like the ones I mentioned won't cause any issues with your network. Neither Malwarebytes nor Microsoft Security Essentials will even block valid scripts from your companies LAN from executing.

If you are in a professional environment I would like to think that you guys already have some kind of security solution in place already when it comes to virus scanners. Check with your local IT (if available) to see what they recommend you install. There may already be a solution in place for you.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

simple solution. get a mac!

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Anti-malware utilities like the ones I mentioned won't cause any issues with your network. Neither Malwarebytes nor Microsoft Security Essentials will even block valid scripts from your companies LAN from executing.

If you are in a professional environment I would like to think that you guys already have some kind of security solution in place already when it comes to virus scanners. Check with your local IT (if available) to see what they recommend you install. There may already be a solution in place for you.

One would think so but it once took our IT lady 2 weeks to try & fix something
    that my wife ended up fixing in twenty min.
    As my wife so nicely put it to me today. She has enough ass's to wipe fix it my self so I thought I would ask if any one else has had the same problem .

I'd first start with talking to who ever is in charge of the office computers and finding out if they have any network protection and what is provided to client computers. I've seen not soo smart small businesses run openly and are just a perfect target to lose everything.

If you have a good anti-virus that doesn't provide malware protection ThreatFire could help do the trick. I like MalwareBytes though unless you pay for the full version you do not have realtime protection. And if you do not have antivirus get Avast free version and you should be set.

so after i got more spyware today . i found a spot on my work pc for updates i needed 46 update's dating back to 2003 out of the 46 i think 42 were for security up dates so here to hoping that has fix my pc cause who want to work for 8 hrs if i can read mma news for 4 of them

Thread Information