Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tuf 12

Default Tuf 12

Anyone watched the first episode?
    IMO it was not bad, some fights were pretty entertaining, and there are 2 or 3 fighters that look like very strong fighters, but its still too early to predict anything.

At least the quality of fights were much much better than in TUF 10, at least it seems that the guys here dont gass that quick and have some skills.

Your thoughts on the first episode?
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Getting ready to watch it now...I DVR'd it last night, didn't have a chance to watch it after the fights.

i liked it but then again i seem to be one of the only ones here who still likes TUF. hey i love it its one of my favorite shows what can i say.

the fights were exciting and the and the bruce leeroy dude was funny as hell. gsp looked awkward and nervous kos i think is gonna be like tito and be a great coach and total douche.

also the previews for what happens during the season were all 1000x better then they whack ass shit that went on last season.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

I really enjoyed the first episode. IM rooting for Nam Phan, and Cody, that choke he sunk in was crazy,and I tried the technique he showed,and it does work, much faster then what most people would do. Also slightly more dangerous, as it could injure someones neck if they dont tap fast enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

Cody is the fisherman from Alaska?

BTW there are 2 fighters with an Armenian surname, I will root for them.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Just got done watching last night's episode, really excited for this season. On a side note, I wonder if they will ever do a 'Comeback Season' ever again? I might be in the minority here, but I enjoyed the season where Serra & Lutter won. I hope they do it again, soon.

Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    I really enjoyed the first episode. IM rooting for Nam Phan, and Cody, that choke he sunk in was crazy,and I tried the technique he showed,and it does work, much faster then what most people would do. Also slightly more dangerous, as it could injure someones neck if they dont tap fast enough.
    I just noticed Cody McKenzie is part of Team Fancy Pants (Lyle Beerbohm's team) I guess he is one of the guys that helps Cody train. I did not expect much when I first saw him. But after reading up on him. I would be scared to take him on. Normally fights at Featherweight....walks around at about 150. Guess he shouldn't have problems cutting weight.

Jonathan Brookins's fight record looks impressive. He has a lose to Jose Aldo, but a win over one of GSPs protege's, Yves Jaboin. He is also moving up in weight to 155.

Michael Johnson's and Spencer Paige's fight records also looks real impressive.

Kyle Watson looked impressive, being one of the coaches at Matt Hughes gym, but his ability to take a punch might be suspect. Took Palaszewski only 25 seconds and Spencer Fisher only 33 seconds to KO. Hopefully his standup has improved.

Don't know much about Sevak Magakian, but I expect good things from him....guess he trains with Gamburyan.

I really hope they do concentrate more on the training and the fighters, but from the looks of the promo, I doubt it.

I agree that it is refreshing that all the fighters seem to have decent cardio....maybe it was just because they showed snipits from the fights, but I hope that it's real.

Damn -

Meet "The Ultimate Fighter 12" cast: The next Armenian badass, Sevak Magakian | MMAjunkie.com

"I told the guys, 'Everybody be professional," Magakian told MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps | MMAjunkie.com). "'Don't do something stupid.' I scared them off. I said, 'Don't you [expletive] with me, or I'm going to [expletive] you guys up. If you do something crazy, I will cut your [expletive] throat right there.'"

Those first few minutes of social interaction are a fairly good indication of what you can expect from Magakian on this season of "The Ultimate Fighter 12." He's been training since childhood for this opportunity, and he plans on making the most of it.

"I started doing judo and sambo when I was 5 years old," Magakian said. "I continued in sambo, and I became a black belt when I was 11 or 12 years old. I did pretty good there. I won a lot of championships, and I beat a lot of good guys.

"I moved down to the U.S. when I was 14 or 15, and I started training with the Hayastan team with Gokor Chivichyan and Manny, Roman and Karo."
    Meet "The Ultimate Fighter 12" cast: Fisherman, choke inventor Cody McKenzie | MMAjunkie.com

"I have an older brother who's a lot bigger than me, and I've always fought with him, and his friends always beat me up," McKenzie admitted. "I was in plenty of fights, and growing up in a small fishing community in Alaska, there's not much to do in a place like that other than drink and fight, so I saw a lot of that growing up.

"It would be a big old circle of kids, and they would throw two pairs of 16-ounce gloves in the middle, and two people would walk in the middle, glove up, and bang-bang-bang-bang."
    ------
    "I met [Beerbohm] a week out of prison," McKenzie said. "We hit it off, and we've been good friends since then.

"He came into one of the gyms I was at where I was kind of coaching. He said, 'I want to fight! I want to fight!' He was all gung ho to glove up. I was like, 'Alright.' We gloved up, and I beat him up. A few people beat him up, actually, but now he's the top dog."
    Shweet....

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzou View Post
    Just got done watching last night's episode, really excited for this season. On a side note, I wonder if they will ever do a 'Comeback Season' ever again? I might be in the minority here, but I enjoyed the season where Serra & Lutter won. I hope they do it again, soon.
    i loved the comeback season as well and i wish theyd do it again. i kinda think lutter ruined it by not making weight.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Thread Information