Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need your opinion...

Default I need your opinion...

from anyone who trains strength & conditioning frequently, what are your choice of supplements and/or nutrition?

Serious question.
    "They're all dead. They just don't know it yet."

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

depends how serious you are. You mostly talking about weight lifting right? if your going the clean way then you should use creatine or NO also make sure to always have your protein drinks, thats what iv been doing for a while, i really stepped up my weight lifting the past 6 months and am seeing a lot more mass and am always increasing the weight. for mma it is mainly eating well and avoiding processed foods.

if you know your kinetic linking then it is easy to see why your legs, back and shoulders are the most important muscles to train. you get most of you power from your punches from your shoulders and legs, your kick from your legs, and having a strong back really helps in the takedown game.

When i was doing it, i was using Maximuscle Cyclone protein shakes and got decent results. Then just topped up my diet with plenty of skinless chicken, egg whites etc. I think you can get 2 tubs (about a months worth) for £60 on ebay.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

yes pretty much live on lean meat, mostly chicken, sometimes steak or fish, and vegetables and pasta or rice. I used to cook daily but it took way too much time out of my training, so i will often make a stir fry of meat, vegetables, and add a carb like rice or noodles and freeze it in a lot of containers so i have the right thing to eat every day. the food is always my biggest problem though, where i will have pizza, burgers, taco's, etc from time to time. im not as ripped as a lot of guys at the gym but can throw around a lot more weight then they can.

People receive different results from different supplements, basically when you go to get supplements be sure to look into what exactly are in the supplements, and if there are any health risk. Supplements work different with different people because everyone's body is different. Once you use the supplement if you don't see any results with the ones you chose then switch to another and see which work best for you. Hope this helps :-)

I've had good results with EAS protien shakes coupled with Animal Multi vitimins and Aminos Paks. Before workouts I pop a Purple K (Kre-alkaline which is buffered creatinine).

Quote Originally Posted by DayneFS View Post
    from anyone who trains strength & conditioning frequently, what are your choice of supplements and/or nutrition?

Serious question.
    whey protein
    creatine
    glutamine

Are the big ones to take. I prefer monohydrates with high carb juice rather than all the sugary loaders in some creatines. Grape juice is a good choice.

I've tried pre workout drinks like NO Xplode, and I didnt care for them, but I know people that like them too, so you'd just have to get some samples from GNC and see what you think.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Right now I am taking BSNs syntha-6 time release protein, 100% whey protein, jack3d preworkout, and extra strength fishoil pills along with this fruit and veggies supplement called Juice Plus.

Eating mainly baked chicken and fish, eggs, and tons of fruits and veggies.

At the moment, instead of bulking up on muscle, I want to concentrate on cutting as much fatweight as possible to get lean and toned, while working my cardio levels as much as possible.

Suggestions?
    "They're all dead. They just don't know it yet."

rob_bills Guest

phd make a good line of supplements, their pharma whey is great and they do a shake called synergy which is very good it has a mild testosterone booster in it

Quote Originally Posted by DayneFS View Post
    Thanks for the help everyone.

Right now I am taking BSNs syntha-6 time release protein, 100% whey protein, jack3d preworkout, and extra strength fishoil pills along with this fruit and veggies supplement called Juice Plus.

Eating mainly baked chicken and fish, eggs, and tons of fruits and veggies.

At the moment, instead of bulking up on muscle, I want to concentrate on cutting as much fatweight as possible to get lean and toned, while working my cardio levels as much as possible.

Suggestions?
    Well if you wanna lose fat you basically have to pretty much cut it out of your diet, which means pretty much eating everything that taste like card board. You'll definitely get lean though.

Thread Information