Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I need your opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by DayneFS View Post
    Thanks for the help everyone.

Right now I am taking BSNs syntha-6 time release protein, 100% whey protein, jack3d preworkout, and extra strength fishoil pills along with this fruit and veggies supplement called Juice Plus.

Eating mainly baked chicken and fish, eggs, and tons of fruits and veggies.

At the moment, instead of bulking up on muscle, I want to concentrate on cutting as much fatweight as possible to get lean and toned, while working my cardio levels as much as possible.

Suggestions?
    So no creatine currently? That makes you retain water so if you want to cut weight/get lean then stop/don't add creatine right now. Otherwise eat clean and you should be good to go!

If you're looking to lose fat, all you want to do is eat right, and don't take any supplements that you know have potential to build your muscle mass

Eat right and minimal, Saunas help and if your running, wearing one of those sweat inducing suits of crap helps! Pounds will fall

Quote Originally Posted by b1uef1ow View Post
    Well if you wanna lose fat you basically have to pretty much cut it out of your diet, which means pretty much eating everything that taste like card board. You'll definitely get lean though.
    Yeah, I like eating that stuff, but you actually need 4 or 5 different kinds of fat in your diet, if I've read correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasedog View Post
    So no creatine currently? That makes you retain water so if you want to cut weight/get lean then stop/don't add creatine right now. Otherwise eat clean and you should be good to go!
    I actually just bought casein protein and a jug of micronized creatine today. ...oh wait, do NOT take creatine if I am wanting to get lean??

Quote Originally Posted by joeyP View Post
    If you're looking to lose fat, all you want to do is eat right, and don't take any supplements that you know have potential to build your muscle mass
    I do want to build muscle, but I want to focus on building muscle endurance and toning, rather than just bulking up all at once.

Does anyone know when the best time to take BSNs Syntha-6 if i'm taking casein before I go to sleep? I was told to take it when I wake up and when I go to sleep, but someone else said I should take the 100% whey when I wake up instead...

Yeah, I like eating that stuff, but you actually need 4 or 5 different kinds of fat in your diet, if I've read correctly....
    You are correct. Just cut down a lot fat if you really want to lean up quick... If you're not so worried about having definition then just disregard what I've said.

Exercising for 30-60 mins does wonders for fat loss/leaning up. Any time after the 20-30 minute point is pulling from fat stores for energy. Up until the 20 min point(assuming a decent heart rate) I think you using glycogen stores(basically carb sugars) if I remember correctly. Been a few years since my college course but I think that's how it works.

I have both a treadmill and stationary bike in my apartment and 60 minutes flys by when you turn on the TV and play a game of Madden or something.

Something like that 5 days a week and it usually doesn't matter what you eat(within reason). You end up burning 3500 calories a day and eating maybe 2500. The weight and fat falls off and you lean up while mostly eating what you want. Avoid alcohol if you plan on sticking with anything. One wasted night and you fall off the wagon for 1-2 days usually.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyreas View Post
    Exercising for 30-60 mins does wonders for fat loss/leaning up. Any time after the 20-30 minute point is pulling from fat stores for energy. Up until the 20 min point(assuming a decent heart rate) I think you using glycogen stores(basically carb sugars) if I remember correctly. Been a few years since my college course but I think that's how it works.

I have both a treadmill and stationary bike in my apartment and 60 minutes flys by when you turn on the TV and play a game of Madden or something.

Something like that 5 days a week and it usually doesn't matter what you eat(within reason). You end up burning 3500 calories a day and eating maybe 2500. The weight and fat falls off and you lean up while mostly eating what you want. Avoid alcohol if you plan on sticking with anything. One wasted night and you fall off the wagon for 1-2 days usually.
    Yes, it is correct that once you hit the 30 minute mark, that is when you enter the 2nd stage of cardio and start burning stored fat cells.

I've been doing 45-55 min everyday. I like to do 15 minutes on 3 various cardio machines, and/or jogging on the beach later on at night.

Ty, how do you burn 3500 calories??? Hell, even 1000?? I do 45 min of cardio, granted i'm not going full speed the whole time, but I am drenched in sweat by the time i'm done, and according to the machines I get about 150-200 or a little more per machine.

Man...I just got back from the gym. I've been asking a lot of questions lately and I've been getting SO much contradicting info from different trainers, nutritionists, and articles.

A few things such as...

My main goal right now, like I said, is to build definition and get more ripped than bulk up with more muscle. I have been told so many different ways that is supposedly the "right way." I have people telling me that doing more reps with less weight is the way to go, while others say that method is complete bullshit. Also, I have multiple answers on whether or not I should be taking creatine. Some say it is only for bulk, some say it helps get ripped as well.

I am going fucking nuts about it. I work hard as hell. Been in the gym everyday for at least 2 hours, not overtraining, and I'm eating really well. I just want to do what is best for my work. Any forum brothers got anything to say about this?

Also, I have been told various ways that I should be taking the supplements I have.

If it were you, how would you take the following each day:

- 100% Whey protein
    - BSN Syntha-6 Time release protein (such good shit)
    - Creatine
    - The casein protein and preworkout (jack3d) goes without saying.

I've been taking a multivitamin as well, any suggestions for the best kind of multivitamin?

Ty, how do you burn 3500 calories??? Hell, even 1000?? I do 45 min of cardio, granted i'm not going full speed the whole time, but I am drenched in sweat by the time i'm done, and according to the machines I get about 150-200 or a little more per machine.
    I have had 8000 calorie days. Hop on a bike outdoors and just ride. 50 miles isn't all that bad but you are crazy hungry at the end. Today I think my number was about 3400. I don't do that all with exercise..I was including BMR. Here is the rough math.

Your BMR should be around 2000. That number can differ with age, height, weight, etc..but I imagine you are close to that number. This number assumes you do nothing but sit in bed all day. Even light activity like sitting at a computer jacks it up to 2500+. I think I figured mine to be roughly 2700 in a day without exercise, 8 hours of sleep, and light activity(mostly desk work). I tend to fidget quite a bit too so I bet its even higher but I can't calculate it accurately. I did 70 minutes on my bike today at my normal pace and it was 700 calories.

2000(BMR)+700(Misc crap)+700(Bike) = 3400

I think today I was only about 2000 calories eaten so I lost a little less than half a pound. I guess I could also include another 60 calories lost in that figure due to water consumption. If you are getting your 8+ glasses of cold water a day its about 8 calories per glass(or thereabouts). It works along the same line of thinking as the 6 meals a day. The more times you start and stop your digestive system the better.

I try to stay away from all of those fancy supplements. I multivitamin is all I take and I only take that because I know my diet never hits everything it should.

Hmm, haven't learned what BMR is yet.

Thread Information