Non-stick cooking spray

1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1 turn of the pan
    3 cloves chopped garlic
    1 cup dry white wine
    1 (14-ounce) can tomato sauce
    3 tablespoons capers
    1/4 cup chopped cilantro or flat leaf parsley
    2 vine-ripened tomatoes, chopped

Lightly coat a non-stick skillet with a non-stick cooking spray of your choice. Salt and pepper fish to taste and cook on one side for 3-4 minutes. Flip the fish and continue cooking until done. About 2 to 3 more minutes.
    Transfer the fish to a plate and keep in a warm oven.

Return the skillet to the heat and add olive oil. Saute the garlic for a minute or two and add wine. Reduce the wine by half and add tomato sauce, tomatoes, capers and cilantro or parsley. Heat through for another 2 or 3 minutes. Pour the sauce over the fish and serve with Avocado Salsa.

Avocado salsa: Chop two ripe avocados, add salt and peper to taste. Add the juice of one lime and a 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro. Combine a finely chopped tomato and for extra kick a seeded and minced jalapeno to the avocado mixture. Serve along side the Snapper.

3 block meal:
    protein: 4.5 oz of cooked fish; carbs: 1/2 cup sauce (1 block ), 1/2 cup grapes (1 block ), 4-6oz of wine (1block); fat: 3 tablespoons of avocado salsa (3 blocks)

5 block meal:
    protein: 7.5 oz of cooked fish; carbs: 1 cup sauce (2 blocks), 1 cup grapes (2 blocks), 4-6 oz of wine (1 block);
    fat: 5 tablespoons of avocado salsa (5 blocks)

Enjoy!!
    Hard Work Always Equals Results.

www.arizonakettlebelltraining.com

sounds pretty good. If I can talk my fiance into letting me cook some fish I'll have to try it out.

Seared Shrimp in Endive Leaves with Parsley Sauce*
    You have got to try this delectable delight! Great for hors d'ourves or add some fruit for desert as a Zone-friendly snack!
    Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis*

Shrimp fun fact: Did you know that one ounce of shrimp provides over 20% of your daily vitamin B-12 needs? It also protects the arteries from the damaging effects of homocysteine.

Zone Block Conversions:
    1.5 oz of shrimp = 1 block of protein
    2/3 tsp of Olive oil = 1 block of fat (use sparingly in this recipe) For example..saute the shrimp with Pam spray.
    1/4 cup yogurt = 1/2 block of carb and protein
    2.5 Tbsp of light sour cream = 1 block of fat (use sparingly in this recipe)
    10 cups of Endive = 1 block of carbs
    Capers, chives and parsley are too low to count.

2 Block Meal

3 oz. shrimp (protein), 3 tablespoons of parsley sauce (fat), add 2 blocks of fruit of your choice for carbs. One nectarine is 2 blocks of carbs.

3 Block Meal

4.5 oz. shrimp (protein), 4.5 tablespoons of parsley sauce (fat), add 3 blocks of fruit of your choice for carbs. For example, one nectarine is 2 blocks of carbs.

4 Block Meal

6 oz. shrimp (protein), 6 tablespoons of parsley sauce (fat), add 2 blocks of fruit of your choice for carbs. One nectarine is 2 blocks of carbs.

5 Block Meal

7.5 oz. shrimp (protein), 7.5 tablespoons of parsley sauce (fat), add 2 blocks of fruit of your choice for carbs. One nectarine is 2 blocks of carbs.

Spicy Lamb and Szechwan Eggplant Stir-Fry

If you love spicy food, you are going to really enjoy this yummy meal! It is super easy to prepare and the lamb and eggplant flavors work so well together! I took one bite, intending to have something else for lunch, and ended finishing the entire plate!

This is inspired by a recipe that I saw on the Food Network program "Food 911". But, I have made it a little more Zone friendly.

1Large Eggplant cut into 1 inch cubes
    1/2 lb of ground lamb
    1 tablespoons walnut oil
    1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper
    2 green onions, white and green parts, sliced on a diagonal
    1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
    3 garlic cloves, minced
    1 fresh green chile, sliced
    1 dried red chile, minced
    1/2 cup chicken broth
    3 tablespoons soy sauce
    1 tablespoon rice vinegar
    1 teaspoon cornstarch ( a little goes a long way!)
    Fresh basil and fresh cilantro, for garnish

In a non-stick wok, heat oils until it begins to smoke a little. Add the chopped eggplant and stir-fry until they become soft and a little sticky. About 6 or 7 minutes. Drain the eggplant on a few sheets of paper towels and sprinkly with salt and pepper.
    Add a tsp of oil to the wok and heat. Stir-fry the green onion, garlic, ginger, red and green chile until fragrant. Add the chicken broth and simmer for a couple minutes. In the mean time, combine soy sauce, rice vinegar and cornstarch until it disolves. Add to the wok and stir until it thickens. I added a little water because it got a little too thick. Toss the eggplant back into the wok and stir until incorporated. Put on a plate and keep warm. Use the wok again to brown the ground lamb. Drain the lamb on paper towels and add salt and pepper.

Before combining the lamb, weigh 1.5 oz per block and put in a small mixing bowl. Measure the eggplant out about 1-and-a-half cups per block. Stir the eggplant and lamb together, garnish with basil and cilantro and serve. The oils and fat content of the lamb more than cover the fat requirement. So go easy if you wish to add some nuts.

Cauliflower Mashed "Potatoes"
    This take on a classic side dish will satisfy your craving for spuds without all of the extra carbs! I was surprised by how close to the real thing this tasted.

For this recipe you will need:
    1 head of cauliflower
    1 clove of minced garlic-about one tsp
    1/8 tsp of white pepper/salt
    2 tbsp of butter

Bring a pot of water to boil (~4 cups) and place washed head of cauliflower (leaves removed) in the pot (alternatively may dice up head and place in vegetable steamer). Cook the cauliflower until very fork soft. Drain well. Puree the cauliflower with the butter, garlic. Salt and pepper to taste. Try topping it with paprika and/or rosemary.*

1 1/4 cups = 1 block of carbs and 2 blocks of fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Alwaysbelieve1
    Cauliflower Mashed "Potatoes"
    This take on a classic side dish will satisfy your craving for spuds without all of the extra carbs! I was surprised by how close to the real thing this tasted.

For this recipe you will need:
    1 head of cauliflower
    1 clove of minced garlic-about one tsp
    1/8 tsp of white pepper/salt
    2 tbsp of butter

Bring a pot of water to boil (~4 cups) and place washed head of cauliflower (leaves removed) in the pot (alternatively may dice up head and place in vegetable steamer). Cook the cauliflower until very fork soft. Drain well. Puree the cauliflower with the butter, garlic. Salt and pepper to taste. Try topping it with paprika and/or rosemary.*

1 1/4 cups = 1 block of carbs and 2 blocks of fat.
    I love these. One tip I got from George Stella on the food network is that a touch of cream cheese seems to really smooth them out (although it does naturally add a little more fat)

Quote Originally Posted by Clint
    I love these. One tip I got from George Stella on the food network is that a touch of cream cheese seems to really smooth them out (although it does naturally add a little more fat)
    That sounds good. Also, fat is good for you. You will NEVER get fat from fat- unless it is partially hydrogenated oils and fats along those lines. We get fat from excess cals and carbs- for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sundance Kid
    thanks for all of these guys.
    You got it!

Thread Information