Thread: K-1 Rd of 16 - Overeem dominates

Default K-1 Rd of 16 - Overeem dominates

Did anyone see Alistair Overeem's K-1 fight recently? He just destroyed Ben Edwards, the Oceania champ. It's Ben Edwards, but still pretty scary stuff from Overeem. He looks bigger than ever. I think he threw about five punches, three of which landed and sent Edwards to the canvass. Overeem is very fast with the power to match, and he didn't even break a sweat.

The more I see of Ubereem, the more I am starting to believe Bas Rutten when he says Overeem would destroy most HW's out there. Bas thinks he can take out Brock and Fedor. I don't know about that yet, but I think Alistair could take out any other HW out there.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

Overeem is definitely a monster, but its still early to hype him as the best HW in the world.

First of all a K-1 match and a MMA match are 2 very different things. And say what you want but he still needs to beat a really Top fighter before we consider him the next big thing, Rogers was not bad competition but he was barely a Top 10.

In K-1 I think he has all the chances to win this tournament because Badr Hari is not participating and Semmy Schilt looks a bit out of shape, he was absolutely destroyed in the 3rd round by that Egyptian guy. However I would really like to see Overeem vs Ghita. Ghita is a monster with his leg kicks and is good with his hands as well.

He is definitely a Top fighter, and would obviously outstrike practically any MMA HW fighter, but as I have said, MMA is not K-1. I would love to see Overeem vs Fedor and Overeem vs Barnett.

BTW I find funny how in other forums people think that JDS would outstrike Overeem, LOL what a fucking joke. JDS is a good boxer but that is all, No one UFC fighter would last 1 round against Overeem in a striking match.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Agreed, Ubereem would outstrike any UFC HW. Yeah, I noticed Schilt looked a little heavy, it's hard to tell with HW's if they're really out of shape but Semy definately looked better in previous years.
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

It was like ok u hit me 20 times then i will hit you once and will see who drops first. Man he look like he was tagging ben darm hard

The funniest part was listening to Michael Schiavello: "Uber knee, Uber knee, he's a monster!" Sounds like he's going into labour.

I know AO gets no love because of the bullshit he's done lately and his LHW record but his striking has definitely become world class, one of the best in the HW division for sure.

Hes got speed and power and what he does works, but I watched a bunch of his recent
    K1 fights and the way he covers up makes me nervous. He doesnt seem to get hurt but he covers and guys are going to town on him, then its like okay your done? Now I'll hit you a few times. He doesnt have real active footwork. I mean it works for him so whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by earle View Post
    Did anyone see Alistair Overeem's K-1 fight recently? He just destroyed Ben Edwards, the Oceania champ. It's Ben Edwards, but still pretty scary stuff from Overeem. He looks bigger than ever. I think he threw about five punches, three of which landed and sent Edwards to the canvass. Overeem is very fast with the power to match, and he didn't even break a sweat.

The more I see of Ubereem, the more I am starting to believe Bas Rutten when he says Overeem would destroy most HW's out there. Bas thinks he can take out Brock and Fedor. I don't know about that yet, but I think Alistair could take out any other HW out there.
    Yes his striking is great in K-1 but the threat of a takedown CHANGES EVERYTING!
    Favorite fighters:
    HW- Mir, Brock, Fedor, Cain
    LHW-Shogun, Tito, Mousasi. Rampage
    MW-Hendo, Sonnen, Mayhem M
    WW-GSP, C Condit>Nick diaz, Fitch wonderboy?
    LW-Penn, Edgar, Cerrone, pettis
    FW-Aldo, Homenik,

Fighters I LOATH 1-BISPING

Quote Originally Posted by Frasedog View Post
    Hes got speed and power and what he does works, but I watched a bunch of his recent
    K1 fights and the way he covers up makes me nervous. He doesnt seem to get hurt but he covers and guys are going to town on him, then its like okay your done? Now I'll hit you a few times. He doesnt have real active footwork. I mean it works for him so whatever.
    This is a standard boxing tactic using those extra big gloves (of course, his massive forearms help, too). In MMA, you don't have the luxury of this tactic (just ask Tito). Not to say Overeem isn't a beast (he is).

Quote Originally Posted by FFFRpickup View Post
    Yes his striking is great in K-1 but the threat of a takedown CHANGES EVERYTING!
    Yep.

Thread Information