+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Following UFC Release, Gabriel Gonzaga Likely to Retire From Mixed Martial Arts

I think he'll be back. He's pretty much saying that he will if the money is good, and there seems to be a number of up and coming promotions that are willing to pay to get ex-UFC stars to headline their shows.

I think that the two main factors of his not using his BJJ more often and effectively are the excitement value and the fact that he wants to try something new. Gonzaga skyrocketed in popularity after that headkick to Crocop without a doubt. Who the fuck expected that outcome? Gonzaga got a raise after that and many a kudos from Doctor Evil and the rest of the MMA world. Now every fight after that he has gone with the same gameplan. He doesn't want to use his JJ effectively which might result in the amount of love he gets dropping to a Jon Fitch level. But I digress, he simply wanted to fight in a manner that would suit him best for his career. Also the other factor, might be the fact that he has done JJ for most of his life and wanted to try fighting in another manner.

But yeah, Gabe comes to brawl and not fight intelligently, therefore he loses to people who counter that.

Yeah, I think the Cro Cop KO win changed his outlook on fighting, but it's never quite worked out as well as it did that night.

hehe, Im usually right

I think Gonzaga's will to fight was smacked out of him by randy carwin jds and so on.. he hasnt shown he wants to win fights, and by his comments I dont see him joining SF anytime soon i believe he wanted out of his contract.. wants to go back to normal life and the bjj.. guy can still make a mega living well not getting the shit kicked out of him..he's not a true MMA fighter he's a BJJ artist that got lost in the sport of MMA..n dont get started with that freakin headkick.
    That was from the Gabriel gonzaga had been released post...Went off a little bit there but still on point.. guy doesnt wanna fight.
    Last edited by TheDoucheyWun; 11-06-2010 at 10:09 AM.

Oh well.

Sayanara, Gonzaga.

I'll always hate you for kicking Mirko in the head, dick.

Take time off clear your head. Sub some people in bjj tournys, and come back gabe.
    Current Favorite fighters.

HW - JDS, Overeem, Cormier, Mitrione, & Struve

LHW - Bones, Shogun, Rampage, Hendo, & Mousasi

MW - G. Harris, Vitor, Leban, Souza, & T. Kennedy

WW - Condit, Ellenberger, Penn, Rick Story, & Sanchez

LW - Maynard, Alvarez, Cerrone, Guida, & B.Henderson

All Time Favorites.

Sakuraba, Lytle, Chuck, Randy, Frye, BAS, Minowaman

I was sad to hear this. Not surprised, but sad. I like Gonzaga.......the guy's got mad skills, and he is one of the most intimidating fighters out there.....too bad he hasn't been backing that up as of late.

Don't retire.
    Take a break, train a lot and come back and fight.

He will probably be in SF soon. Good fight for Andre A.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Quote Originally Posted by Y2JUBAE View Post
    He will probably be in SF soon. Good fight for Andre A.
    I would like to see that fight.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information