Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lyoto Machida: ďI think itís best for me to focus on this fight and Iíll welcome what

i dont see lyoto finishing page, and i really dont see page having more then an "educated" punchers chance. But with the power rampage possesess all he has to do is land one good one too hurt lyoto, and he always has been good at following up. This said, lyoto ud

Quote Originally Posted by macewen View Post
    i dont see lyoto finishing page, and i really dont see page having more then an "educated" punchers chance. But with the power rampage possesess all he has to do is land one good one too hurt lyoto, and he always has been good at following up. This said, lyoto ud
    Well Rampage had the chance to finish off Rashad and he pulled a Thiago Silva. Maybe he will follow up more if he isn't tired and shows that ruthless aggression he had when he fought Chuck Liddell.

If he doesnt improve on his skillset and hesitates again hes just going to lose and a loss is a loss is a loss.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

IMO, Only way Page beats machida is if he Can absorb The Dragon's punches and Bull rush his ass Lesnar style n throw down some thunderous shots from on top, that dont happen machida out points him or puts his lights out, n makes him wanna do movies for life.

If Forrest Griffin can beat the crap out of Rampage's leg with legkicks, you can only imagine what Machida is going to do to him.

Machida is all about game plan, he isn't going to come into this fight without fighting intelligent. He's going to want to keep Rampage at a distance with some heavy leg kicks and counter strikes. Rampage's aggression could work in his favour in this fight, but equally it could be his downfall. If he can push the action and take Machida down, and work on him from the top with heavy GNP, then he has a chance. However, we haven't seen that version of Rampage for a long time and I think Rampage is going to try and strike with him.

Machida will surely work to frustrate Rampage into fighting aggressively and emotionally (and therefore recklessly). Machida's kicks are hard to defend and I can see Rampage being caught with a headkick or some great counter-strike combo's.

2nd round TKO in Machida's favour I think.

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

The need leads the frog to a jump. I hope Machida avoids those heavy hands of Rampage and is able to frustrate him for the most part. It would be great to see Machida finish him, but this is a scary fight coming off that last KO.

If the stalking, brutally powerful Rampage would show up, he can take Machida...the way Page is talking recently I don't think he's interested in fighting...

Quote Originally Posted by LethalStriker View Post
    If Forrest Griffin can beat the crap out of Rampage's leg with legkicks, you can only imagine what Machida is going to do to him.
    You don't know what your talking about. Machida doesn't throw power leg kicks, how could you when your weight is more on your back foot than any other fighter in MMA?

Quote Originally Posted by v3xi View Post
    You don't know what your talking about. Machida doesn't throw power leg kicks, how could you when your weight is more on your back foot than any other fighter in MMA?
    This fight was tailor made for Lyoto. Rampage's aggressive style will play right into Machida's karate (with or without him needing powerful leg kicks).

Lyotos kicks may not do quite the damage that Forest Griffin's kicks did but I'm looking at this in more of a points perspective. Page will chase him and leave his self open, Machida will in turn captilize on any opening he sees whether its a leg trip, a knee to the lower abs, or one of his sneaky jabs.

I got this fight looking like Tito vs Machida without the triangle choke. It will be boring for the fans and probably even more boring to Rampage whom I still believe doesn't care about fighting anymore.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Thread Information