+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Babalu Not Motivated by Belts Anymore; Plans to Move to Different Weight Classes to P

Default Babalu Not Motivated by Belts Anymore; Plans to Move to Different Weight Classes to P

http://www.cagepotato.com/babalu-not...lenging-fights

Babalu Not Motivated by Belts Anymore; Plans to Move to Different Weight Classes to Pursue Challenging Fights

(Belts? We don't need no stinking belts.)

Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker mentioned in an interview this week that the winner of the December 4 light heavyweight bout between Dan Henderson and Renato Sobral will likely be next in line for a shot at the promotion's 205-pound titleholder, Rafael Cavalcante.

Coker's revelation seems a bit questionable considering Sobral, who defeated Robbie Lawler at a 195-pound catchweight in his last bout hasn't fought at 205 for the promotion since losing his title to Gegard Mousasi in 2009 and Henderson, who lost to Jake Shields in a title bout in his Strikeforce debut hasn't fought under the SF banner at that weight at all.

Regardless of whether or not he beats Henderson or earns a shot at his old belt, Babalu says he may not stick around at light heavyweight for long, revealing that he wants to go wherever there are challenging fights.

"Iím looking for challenges now. Belts donít mean as much to me any more. I want good match-ups. Thatís what keeps me motivated to fight. Iíd like to fight maybe at heavyweight. It depends. It all depends on the opponents. If you give me good match-ups, Iíll fight at any weight," Babalu tells CagePotato.com. "I can go up and I can go down. If itís a good bout for me and I say I want to fight that guy, Iíll move to the weight theyíre at. I donít have any preference. Itís not about weight classes; itís about fighters."

Having lobbied for the rematch with Henderson, Sobral says he wanted the fight because it excited him and he knew he would be motivated to train for the bout to the best of his ability. He says that he got into a rut for a while, as a fighter that he never wants to get into again as it affected his preparations and his will to compete.

"Before, I would have opponents who werenít challenging to me and it was tough to stay focused and interested in those fights. I want to fight. I want to fight because Iím right here in the situation where I need the motivation and Iím motivated by good challenges," Sobral explains. "Dan Henderson is one of the biggest challenges ever that I could have. Heís a really good opponent and I need to be ready for him. Thatís exciting for me and it should be exciting for the fans."

Another rematch that would excite Sobral would be one with Fedor Emelianenko, whom he lost to by unanimous decision in 2001 in Rings.

When asked about whether he had Emelianenko on his mind when he decided to follow the lead of his friend and training partner, Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal in becoming a moneyweight fighter, Sobral didn't hesitate in answering.

"Hell yeah! For sure!"
    " I don't want to die for you, but if dying is asked of me, I'll bear that cross with honour, 'cause freedom don't come free."
    "All men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

I wouldn't be either if I had no chance of winning one.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Babalu is getting towards the end of his career and just wants to get a bunch of big paying fights while he still can.

Love Babalu.
    I'm down for any fight or direction he goes towards.
    He slightly looks flabby at 205 & then looks too small at Heavyweight, but whatever, I just wanna see him fight good fights too. And I think the Hendo rematch will definitely be one of those.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2JUBAE View Post
    I wouldn't be either if I had no chance of winning one.
    Umm, Babalu could easily win a belt in SF. If he can beat a slugger like Robbie he could fight at 185, or take on the LHW champ and score a win. Its only SF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

So what is Dana's stance on Babalu fighting ever in the UFC again?

hendo put's babalu to sleep in this one..maybe ends his career n puts this talk behind us all

why cant he just pee in the LHW division? kidney stones?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
    So what is Dana's stance on Babalu fighting ever in the UFC again?
    Dana no longer has a problem with Babalu

I've always liked babalu i hope he beats Hendo via anaconda...(if he does maybe ill just start callin it the babalu)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information