Thread: Herschel Walker meets Scott Carson at "Strikeforce: Henderson vs. Babalu"

1. Default Herschel Walker meets Scott Carson at "Strikeforce: Henderson vs. Babalu"

Herschel Walker meets Scott Carson at "Strikeforce: Henderson vs. Babalu" | MMAjunkie.com

Former football great Herschel Walker's second foray into mixed martial arts is now booked.

Walker (1-0 MMA, 1-0 SF), who was previously announced as a featured fighter on Strikeforce's Dec. 4 "Henderson vs. Babalu" card will face one-time WEC veteran Scott Carson (4-1 MMA, 0-0 SF).

The contest was first reported by ESPN.com, and MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps | MMAjunkie.com) has since confirmed with sources close to the even that bout agreements for the main-card matchup are expected to be finalized shortly.

Featuring a headlining rematch between Dan Henderson and Renato "Babalu" Sobral, "Strikeforce: Henderson vs. Babalu" takes place Dec. 4 at the Scottrade Center in St. Louis. The main card airs on Showtime.

Walker, of course, made a successful pro-MMA and Strikeforce debut back in January, when the 48-year-old ex-running back scored a third-round TKO victory over Greg Nagy. The fight produced big Strikeforce, which received international attention because of Walker's Showtime-televised fight. The event also drew a season-high 517,000 viewers.

Meanwhile, Carson fights for the second time in 2010 after taking a nine-year hiatus from professional fighting. The California resident racked four professional wins between 1999 and 2001, including a first-round submission victory at the very first WEC event, but he was defeated by Lorenz Larkin upon his return to the sport earlier this year.

According to ESPN.com, the bout will take place at a catchweight of 220 pounds.

With the matchup, "Strikeforce: Henderson vs. Bablu" now includes:

MAIN CARD
    Dan Henderson vs. Renato "Babalu" Sobral
    Herschel Walker vs. Scott Carson*
    Paul Daley vs. Scott Smith
    Robbie Lawler vs. Matt Lindland
    Antonio Silva vs. Valentijn Overeem

PRELIMINARY CARD
    Jesse Finney vs. TBA
    * - Not officially announced
    Whoever said Wikipeida was a solid source for MMA news should be banned. Just saying.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Walker is fighting someone who hasn't fought since 2001, that's some pretty half assed match making right there.

This is dumb. In all honesty, if you're gonna go with this type of fight, don't do noob vs. can, go full on fuckin' FREAKSHOW. I mean, Jose Canseco or at least an oldtimer like Frye or Ken or something of relevance. This is just silly. In fact, I think I'll call them Sillyfarce from now on lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Whoever said Wikipeida was a solid source for MMA news should be banned. Just saying.
    The internet is ALWAYS right, no matter what it says and where you found it!

Great night of fights (outside of this one). On paper, it looks like heads are going to get knocked off. I literally have no idea who Scott Carson is though, and if he beats Walker, I'm safely assuming Herschel will follow suit with the MMA world.
    "I like you Clarence. Always have, always will."

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg
    Something many posters here are also guilty of doing everytime the rumor meal gets cranked up.
    I'd like mine with a Diet Coke, please!

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyKnox View Post
    Roadawg is just a damn fool when it comes to MMA and Anderson Silva. There is no point in acknowledging his bullshit unless you just want brain damage. Responding to it is fucking pointless. His opinion is a joke.
    "Every gun makes its own tune."

Seriously who cares?
    I care more about even Bobby lashley than about Herschel Walker and the unknown can.
    Walker was a popular athlete in other sport, but everybody knows that he wont do anything significant in MMA. He will be fighting every 8 or 9 months against unknown people and what then?
    Walker is doing this as a personal goal and that is great for him, but if Coker expects Walker to be an extremely huge draw and make people watch SF because of him he is dumb.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by LethalStriker View Post
    Walker is fighting someone who hasn't fought since 2001, that's some pretty half assed match making right there.
    Again....just like the last thread. This is Hershel Walker's 2nd pro MMA fight. He has trained seriously for 1 year...that's it. He does it for the fun and donates his purse to charity.

His opponent has fought once in 2010 (losing to a guy with a perfect 5-0 record)....but before that...like the article said, he had a 9 year hiatus.

Thread Information