Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strikeforce Middleweight Grand Prix Nixed

when I met Bjorn I said what's up, gave him a high five and said great job! When I see Scott Coker next time I am going to grill him hard, smack him and say you SUCK!!!...well I can fathom doing it at least

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    Agreed, that would be a sick fight. I want to see him and Mayhem go at it again too. Those fights are always entertaining.
    Us, fans, can think of dozens of match-ups for EVERY SF division...SF can think of one or two...shitty ones to boot!

I mean come on, who wants to see Thomson vs Gilbert AGAIN after Josh's lackluster performance last time around and all the injuries he keeps going through?! WHERE THE HELL IS TYRON WOODLEY'S SHOT, at least a bigger name!!!

Jacare vs Mayhem 3 is much more intriguing than a middleweight tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA4EVERRR View Post
    Gegard was on an episode of Inside MMA a few weeks ago and said he walks around 210-214...would be too much of a cut to 185 at this point...he should focus on 205

As for Jacare and the MW title, i wouldnt b surprised if he takes the same road as Shields, faces Mayhem and Lawler, and moves on to the UFC...plethora of talent for him to face
    ...doesn't Anderson silva walk around around 210? Doesn't Rampage walk around at 250? How is Gerard cutting down to 185 somehow too much?

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    ...doesn't Anderson silva walk around around 210? Doesn't Rampage walk around at 250? How is Gerard cutting down to 185 somehow too much?
    Anderson can make the weight...according to Gegard, he cant. Cant make conclusions about 2 different fighters, even if they both walk around same weight. Plus Gegard is interested in moving up in division, not down.

Rampage cut from 250 for his last fight due to the weight he put on for the movie. I dont think that its been his usual walk around weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    I thought they nixed this way back in August when Jacare/Kennedy was for the MW title no?

Personally, they need to build Jacare as one of their marquee maineventers and that means building him in blockbuster bouts vs. say winner of Hendo/Babalu and/or showdowns with perennial top ten MWs like Santiago or even Lombard. My fear is that Sillyfarce will put Lawler up for the next MW fight vs. Jacare after he ruins the aged Lindland and if there's one thing Lawler can't do, it's handle ludicrous jits.

I'd also be really open to a Jacare/Mousasi rematch if that whole 205 thing doesn't work out for Gegard....
    no it wasnt nixed they just decided they wanted them two to fight for the title first.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

The logical thing to do at this point would be to have Jacare and Mayhem fight for the title. At the same time have a contenders match at the same time on the same card (and broadcasted on tv) to build someone up for the next match. They could also work with bellator and set something up there but it would appear at this point that bridge has been burned.

The more likely scenario is that they match Mayhem up with Diaz because of the bad blood there. This will probably end up being a catch-weight or non title fight. While it would be a good fight it ties up one divisions title holder for several months and takes away another legitimate contender in another division. Leaving both divisions without a longer term direction.

Strikeforce really needs to plan farther ahead and lock there fighters into fighting within a specified time period. Cause right now everything they do comes of as haphazardly planned.

Thread Information