Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The 10 Worst Game Plans in MMA History

Thiago Silva vs Machida deserves to be up there. "I am going to be very aggressive and put pressure on him".

Christ - does anyone know what happened to that Jeremy Bullock guy after that slam? dude looked like he was paralysed.
    1-0 in sig bets.

I laugehd, I laughed so hard I cried. I hope ol Jeremy Bullock didn't taint the worlds view of Mixed martial artists from Utah. LMFAO It had to have been the splits that did him in. Thank god for Jeremy Horn and Court McGee to erase that. LOl Hiya!!
    Last edited by claycollett3; 11-07-2010 at 01:36 AM.

Babalu vs. Liddell II was the first fight that came to me. Babalu thought it wise to run at Chuck Liddell. AE IS a scary motherfucker, but running at Chuck, in his prime, takes the stupid cake.

Kalib Starnes vs Nate Quarry
    Lost SIG bet to Leucoethiops

Quote Originally Posted by CHAEL fan View Post
    Kalib Starnes vs Nate Quarry
    Another reason why I love your posts man. This SURELY is the worst execution of a game plan ever. Run away from your opponent - yeah, sure, that'll get you the W.

Penn vs Edgar 2 was shocking execution as well. Penn was beaten in the stand-up (marginally) in the first match-up, and so he decided to fight the same way in the second fight. The times the fight got to the ground Penn faired well, but made no attempt to keep the fight there. Instead he just accepted second best. Real shame.

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

I totally agree about Jorge Gurgel but I find it funny that people talk shit about boring ground fighters. If Jon Fitch went out and fought and lost like Gurgel, people would call him stupid, but since he fights to his strengths and people don't understand what sub attempts are, they call him a boring LNP fighter.

If Gurgel fought to his strengths he would prolly win a lot more but the masses would say he's boring, so he tries to appease the asshole fans and he's stupid.

I guess in this day and age, your damned if you do, damned if you don't.

BJ Penn vs Edgar, specially the first fight. I cant understand why BJ was trying to stand with him when he was clearlt getting owned, when he did a tekedown he did good things, so why didnt he did it again later?

Alexander vs Kimbo was an example of an awful game plan.

About Werdum vs Fedor, it is not that Fedor had a bad game plan, actually Fedor always has the same the game plan for everybody (he said that himself): "Be agressive and destroy your opponent". The problem in this fight is that he made a mistake, got overconfident, he destroyed Nog in his guard when Nog was by far the best BJJ fighter in the world and Fedor thought he would do exactly the same with Werdum.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

To me, the absolute worst gameplan, because it really was a gameplan had to be Rich Franklin vs. Anderson Silva I.

Rich said after the fight that he thought he would do well in the clinch against Anderson, boy was he wrong.

Thread Information