Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: expired supplements

Warchief Guest

Default expired supplements

I have two bottles of calcium tablets and it contains 100 tabs each bottle. but it already expired four months ago. what to do you think guys, should i used this? is this calcium tabs still have good effect to my body? because it such a big waste if i just trew this all in the garbage. i just want to inform and all of your post and suggestions will be appreciate.

Personally I would take a few of them and make sure you feel fine (I don't know why you wouldn't but its always good to check) and if it was all okay I would take them. Just try to use them up pretty quickly after the bottles have been opened.

Warchief Guest

Smile Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Clint
    Personally I would take a few of them and make sure you feel fine (I don't know why you wouldn't but its always good to check) and if it was all okay I would take them. Just try to use them up pretty quickly after the bottles have been opened.
    I just trying to be cautious, because im a bit aware of side effects (if this tablets have).but i will simply check this first and see if is o.k. thanks for your advise man.

Calcium won't cause any damage to you. The only issues you will run into is potency. As a synthetic product nears expiration it loses its strength. It can even drop to below 50% absorbency.

Personally I would simply take them back to wherever you purchased them and try to exchange them for current bottles. If that doesn't work, and it was me, I wouldn't use them.
    Hard Work Always Equals Results.

www.arizonakettlebelltraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by The Sundance Kid
    they will be fine, if it is too much for your body, you will piss the excess out.
    Not necessarily with calcium- with B-vits and other water solubles yes.

On the same topic....I have some Calcium Citrate pills but I didn't know if these were the same as getting a bottle of just plain calcium pills, is one better then the other?

Quote Originally Posted by liddell316
    On the same topic....I have some Calcium Citrate pills but I didn't know if these were the same as getting a bottle of just plain calcium pills, is one better then the other?
    Citrate is a more absorbable form of calcium(citrate malate is the most) where there are other forms such as carbonate that is the typical store shelf types & the form that is in milk.

So citrate is better to take or not much of a difference?

Quote Originally Posted by liddell316
    So citrate is better to take or not much of a difference?
    As I previously stated: Citrate is a more absorbable form of calcium. That means it is better- yes.

Warchief Guest

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by The Sundance Kid
    they will be fine, if it is too much for your body, you will piss the excess out.
    your right mate and i starting to piss a lot today.

Thread Information