Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why didnt Bruce Leeroy get fight at the finale?

Default Why didnt Bruce Leeroy get fight at the finale?

dana had a complete boner for him. what happened?
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

I don't know, I kind of wanted to see him fight Nam Phan. I thought for sure those two would be on the card.

I think the sentiment on him is that he's got oodles of potential, but is still pretty damn raw and should probably get a bunch more seasoning before getting tossed into the bigleagues with the UFC. Three orso more wins and I betcha they'll bring him in, but they probably want to see him grow a bit more. I look at somebody like Junie(poor comparison, I know) who was given a UFC shot and bombed because they weren't ready, compared to say a Yager, who appeared to have a wealth of core talent as a legit prospect, but still needs time to mature and grow as a fighter to round themselves before taking a shot at the bigtime...

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    I think the sentiment on him is that he's got oodles of potential, but is still pretty damn raw and should probably get a bunch more seasoning before getting tossed into the bigleagues with the UFC. Three orso more wins and I betcha they'll bring him in, but they probably want to see him grow a bit more. I look at somebody like Junie(poor comparison, I know) who was given a UFC shot and bombed because they weren't ready, compared to say a Yager, who appeared to have a wealth of core talent as a legit prospect, but still needs time to mature and grow as a fighter to round themselves before taking a shot at the bigtime...
    Yup....not ready for primetime player.

He needs development. He needs to work his wrestling and striking. He has decent footwork and is explosive and seems to have a decent ground game, but a wrestler can make him look useless and just school him with ground and pound.

although i do agree with the above posts that bruce leroy is a little to green at this point to be thrown in, he was actually supposed to fight nam at the finale but was injured so leanard garcia's fight was scrapped so he could step in to fight nam.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    dana had a complete boner for him. what happened?
    The boner got soft.
    Lost SIG bet to Leucoethiops

Quote Originally Posted by CHAEL fan View Post
    The boner got soft.
    Happens with most relationships.

Garcia's original opponent is still fighting, so the fight isn't completely scrapped. I thought Nam would move back down to 145 anyways, so now we get an even better fight because you know both guys are just gonna trade.

Quote Originally Posted by beau420 View Post
    Yup....not ready for primetime player.

He needs development. He needs to work his wrestling and striking. He has decent footwork and is explosive and seems to have a decent ground game, but a wrestler can make him look useless and just school him with ground and pound.
    then why did cody mckenzie get a fight and sako? sako and dane should have had a rematch at the finale.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

I wonder what Alex/GSP's relationship is like...Cuz if it's any good and he's a smart man He's got the perfect mentor/teacher/way into an amazing Camp or 2 or 3..Imagine what that Kid could do with 2 years training with GSP. At Jackson's,Tri Star,Renzo's, and with Roach, I dont know about you all but with that kid's confidence and attitude/explosiveness if he trained with the above mentioned for 2 years I see a future champ

Tha't's a good question. Here's a better question: Why did they make McKenzie versus Wilkinson a fight? Wilkinson has zero ground game and McKenzie has finished most of his fights by guillotine. They should have made Wilkinson versus Brue LeRoy because they both like to strike, and had McKenzie fight someone else. Also, does anyone else think its weird that besides the finalist, there are only 5 guys from the house fighting in the finale?

Thread Information