Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: K-1 World Grand Prix 2010 Final 8 - Live Results and Discussion

Yea! Semmy took a lot out of Aerts...thank God Reem won, now focus on MMA!

I had doubts about Overeem's ability to win this and Saki looked to be on track to derailing him, but I have to give Alistair credit. He hung in there and really put the work in. Especially in the final with those devastating shots. He earned this championship.

Very impressed by Overeem, especially considering he has only been doing K-1 seriously for a couple of years. I wanted to see Schilt vs. Overeem, but after the way Aerts took it to Semmy, I have no doubts Allistair would have beat him that night.

I thought Spong had a good showing too, he'll be one to watch in the future.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

I just love the facial expression Schilt makes everytime someone actually manages to punch him in the face.
    Peter Aerts that's one really tough old man. Didn't really think he could beat Schilt, but it sure made my day
    As for Overeem did anyone else laugh at the referee making faces everytime Overeem cheated with his 2 hands clinch -> knee to the face move against Spong?

Overall a good event and it was nice to get a new winner instead of Bonjasky or Schilt winning it in a boring fashion...

Overeem is definitely a monster and I am impressed but I wont say that he is without doubt the best K1 fighter.
    He had a tough time against Tyrone Spong, I thought Overeem would demolish him easily but actually it was a good fight, Spong even won the 1st round.

Then he defeated a very damaged Sakhi and at the end an extremely damaged Aerts.

I would love to see again Overeem vs Gokhan Saki, but this time a free injury Saki, I actually think Saki would beat the Reem.
    Badr Hari is still the best K1 fighter IMO, a 3rd match with Overeem would be very interesting.

But congratulations to Overeem, if he is not the best K1 fighter, he is for sure one of the best. I hope nobody ever again says that JDS would outstrike him.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pashak View Post
    Then he defeated a very damaged Sakhi and at the end an extremely damaged Aerts.

I would love to see again Overeem vs Gokhan Saki, but this time a free injury Saki, I actually think Saki would beat the Reem.
    Badr Hari is still the best K1 fighter IMO, a 3rd match with Overeem would be very interesting.

But congratulations to Overeem, if he is not the best K1 fighter, he is for sure one of the best. I hope nobody ever again says that JDS would outstrike him.
    Yes, Gokhan showed a lot of heart, I have a new respect for him. He was very fast, and his hands are great, he digs that liver really well. Plus he couldn't really use his right arm, those were all lefts he was throwing! That spinning back kick was awesome too. Usually that stuff doesn't work but he not only landed it but he knocked Allistair down with it. Overeem wasn't expecting that shit!

In the end Gokhan was his own worst enemy by going toe to toe with Ghita. If he had fought Ghita the way he fought the first 3 minutes of the Overeem fight, he would not have taken so much damage. Stick and move next time Saki. The rematch should be good.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

Thread Information