+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shogun vs. Chuck

Default Shogun vs. Chuck

With Shogun fighting on the upcoming pride card and chuck fighting tito coming up, I was wondering who you guys would favor if they ever fought each other? Personally i would favor shogun because of his all around game. (But take that with a grain of salt because shoguns one of my fav fighters and im probably biased.)

shogun

The fight i'd love to see more than any other in many ways, such a good match up because they are both anti-styles to the other. Shoguns good all round but would probably wana stay standing with Chuck, specially since Chucks defence for takedowns is legendary.

I think the one factor that it would depend on more than any other is whether is was Pride or UFC rules. So many of Shoguns finishes have come or been helped by stomps, soccer kicks and head kicks to downed opponents. If you take this away from his game he might not be able to finish the fight in the same way he's used to.

I'd give it to Shogun in Pride, Chuck in the UFC simple cause I dunno without the downed kicks, whether Shogun could finish Chuck off, hasnt quite got the same KO power Chuck has standing though if he caught Chuck with a punch and floored him in Pride, those axe kicks and stomps would come flying in straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sH
    The fight i'd love to see more than any other in many ways, such a good match up because they are both anti-styles to the other. Shoguns good all round but would probably wana stay standing with Chuck, specially since Chucks defence for takedowns is legendary.

I think the one factor that it would depend on more than any other is whether is was Pride or UFC rules. So many of Shoguns finishes have come or been helped by stomps, soccer kicks and head kicks to downed opponents. If you take this away from his game he might not be able to finish the fight in the same way he's used to.

I'd give it to Shogun in Pride, Chuck in the UFC simple cause I dunno without the downed kicks, whether Shogun could finish Chuck off, hasnt quite got the same KO power Chuck has standing though if he caught Chuck with a punch and floored him in Pride, those axe kicks and stomps would come flying in straight away.
    Could've not said it better man. good job.

you guys have to be kidding. liddell by knock out.

i can see shogun taking ... he still does not recieve all the credit he deserves still being in wandys shadow

Shogun, but I could see Chuck getting catching him with a good early shot and putting him out....but Shogun would be the favourite IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by meth1592
    Why does anybody have to be kidding. What makes Chuck so great?? Chuck's name should be "CHUCK THE WRESTLER KILLER"!! Cause he would get killed by a man who beat the man who destroyed his ass....Rampage!!!!!!!!

Stop being so UFC biased, no way old ass Chuck wins that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by meth1592
    hm... TUFer or troll? i should open a poll.

that being said, i vote Shogun. in my mind, he's the number 1 LHW, but without the strap, i can never vote him number 1. he can do everything Wandy is good at, but better, and some stuff Wandy's not good at

and he has the style to be Chuck's kryptonite. he's good at everything, and his standup is dynamite, and would give Chuck fits because he is more technical with better angles and defense

that combined with decent wrestling and good BJJ, there is nothing Chuck can do other then land the hail mary, which is unlikely because of Shogun's movement and technical skills
    Favorites
    HW: Cro Cop | Barnett | Gonzaga
    LHW: Rampage| Shogun
    MW: KANG | Sakuraba | Spider Silva | Baroni | Akiyama
    WW: Thiago Alves | GSP | Mach
    LW: Gomi | BJ Penn | Aoki | Jamie Varner reppin' AZCS | DIDA
    FW: KID

9-7 in sig/av bets

Shogun in first three minutes. Shogun is class above Chuck. Chuck would fold after 10 seconds into the fight.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information