Thread: bjj training in NJ

Default bjj training in NJ

Hey guys, i live in washington nj. its northwest and i was wondering if anyone has any ideas on where to go? i would prefer just bjj but would be open to any mma gym really

You're too far away for me to suggest anything. You live like an hour plus away from me (Bergen County)

ahh that sucks!! theres like nothing by me that i know of(except for those self-defense karate places), unless i want to travel an hour or so. hmm idk.

Go to Almeida's. It doesn't matter how far it is. You'll be training with some of the best in the world, and those guys are great. No egos. It has honestly changed my life.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming.

Theodore Roosevelt

How much does it cost you to go there?

They don't post their prices on their site, so I'm not going to advertise it. Give them a call, I'm sure the staff there wouldn't mind telling you over the phone.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming.

Theodore Roosevelt

Good look. I'll give em a buzz when I get around to it. But has anyone heard of that place Jim miller trains out of? I think it's called AMA.

Quote Originally Posted by rick56 View Post
    Good look. I'll give em a buzz when I get around to it. But has anyone heard of that place Jim miller trains out of? I think it's called AMA.
    AMA is VERY legit. Mike Constantino who runs the place is a personal friend of KO RAdio and we chat with him all the time, not to mention we've went over there to train in the past. Jamie Cruz is a Renzo black belt so you're under very good tutelage and their boxing and thai boxing programs are second to none in the area.

How far are you from Philly? I am pretty sure there are a few good places there.

"Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night." -Dave Barry

Thread Information