Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NFL Lockout

Angry NFL Lockout

booooo! The Player's Association decertified just moments ago after 17 days of mediation and are taking the matter to court. It seems the NFL Lockout is inevitable since they could not come to an agreement....

What a bunch of greedy pieces of shit the Team Owners and some of the Players are! Why cant they all just agree to work for less and take the economic hit the rest of us fans and average joe's are feeling? They still make ridiculous amounts of money and I highly doubt it would affect them badly.
    but...
    Oh thats right! I forgot its not about the Fan's that bare the harsh elements to watch them play and stay loyal no matter what, its about lining their pockets.

Drew Brees and a few other players have said that they do not need more money and want to play for the fans, but the rest of them make me fucking sick that they arent happy with their small fortunes. This whole ordeal is a load of bullshit.
    Last edited by HillbillyDeluxe; 03-11-2011 at 11:47 PM.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

NFL = Not For Long
    Lost SIG bet to Leucoethiops

I think the owners conceded more towards the end but the players have them by the balls at this point. They had no intention of coming to a deal today. Going to the courts gives them more leverage and that's the route they are taking.

The part that doesn't add up for me is the unwillingness of the owners to share their books. They must have something to hide(massive profits).

This decertification thing is what I can't figure out. They are doing this so they can sue under anti-trust laws. So does this mean there will never be a union again?

Union will be back when things are settled. Being able to sue as individuals gives them more power in the short term. It also could force the owners to continue along with the current agreement until things are settled.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyreas View Post
    Union will be back when things are settled. Being able to sue as individuals gives them more power in the short term. It also could force the owners to continue along with the current agreement until things are settled.
    That doesn't seem right, if they are decertifying just to sue, then just reform the union later it seems like a scam.

Well there is more to it than just sueing. If they didn't decertify today and this thing drags out until the start of the season they have no legal options available for 6 months. Once the deadline passes the union must wait 6 months before they can decertify. If they don't decertify the power shifts to the owners for 6 months and that will end in an eventual decertification 6 months down the line.

Decertifying is actually going to speed up the process and at the same time slow it down. Now we just get court decisions and appeals for a few months and eventually football in the fall. I wouldn't worry too much about the lockout.

With my home team being the Seattle Seahawks its hard to watch football . hell had no clue any of this was going on

Quote Originally Posted by mma #1 fan View Post
    With my home team being the Seattle Seahawks its hard to watch football . hell had no clue any of this was going on
    Logistically, the Seahawks are the closest to where I live as well.....doesn't look like they'll be on tv anytime soon.
    Lost SIG bet to Leucoethiops

Quote Originally Posted by Tyreas View Post
    Well there is more to it than just sueing. If they didn't decertify today and this thing drags out until the start of the season they have no legal options available for 6 months. Once the deadline passes the union must wait 6 months before they can decertify. If they don't decertify the power shifts to the owners for 6 months and that will end in an eventual decertification 6 months down the line.

Decertifying is actually going to speed up the process and at the same time slow it down. Now we just get court decisions and appeals for a few months and eventually football in the fall. I wouldn't worry too much about the lockout.
    Yeah but to decertify just to sue only to reform the union later seems like it should be wrong.

Thread Information