Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: NFL Lockout

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,326

    Angry NFL Lockout

    booooo! The Player's Association decertified just moments ago after 17 days of mediation and are taking the matter to court. It seems the NFL Lockout is inevitable since they could not come to an agreement....

    What a bunch of greedy pieces of shit the Team Owners and some of the Players are! Why cant they all just agree to work for less and take the economic hit the rest of us fans and average joe's are feeling? They still make ridiculous amounts of money and I highly doubt it would affect them badly.
    but...
    Oh thats right! I forgot its not about the Fan's that bare the harsh elements to watch them play and stay loyal no matter what, its about lining their pockets.

    Drew Brees and a few other players have said that they do not need more money and want to play for the fans, but the rest of them make me fucking sick that they arent happy with their small fortunes. This whole ordeal is a load of bullshit.
    Last edited by HillbillyDeluxe; 03-11-2011 at 11:47 PM.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    2,638

    Default

    NFL = Not For Long
    Lost SIG bet to Leucoethiops


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,783

    Default

    I think the owners conceded more towards the end but the players have them by the balls at this point. They had no intention of coming to a deal today. Going to the courts gives them more leverage and that's the route they are taking.

    The part that doesn't add up for me is the unwillingness of the owners to share their books. They must have something to hide(massive profits).

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    I am Macatron!
    Posts
    6,484

    Default

    This decertification thing is what I can't figure out. They are doing this so they can sue under anti-trust laws. So does this mean there will never be a union again?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,783

    Default

    Union will be back when things are settled. Being able to sue as individuals gives them more power in the short term. It also could force the owners to continue along with the current agreement until things are settled.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    I am Macatron!
    Posts
    6,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyreas View Post
    Union will be back when things are settled. Being able to sue as individuals gives them more power in the short term. It also could force the owners to continue along with the current agreement until things are settled.
    That doesn't seem right, if they are decertifying just to sue, then just reform the union later it seems like a scam.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,783

    Default

    Well there is more to it than just sueing. If they didn't decertify today and this thing drags out until the start of the season they have no legal options available for 6 months. Once the deadline passes the union must wait 6 months before they can decertify. If they don't decertify the power shifts to the owners for 6 months and that will end in an eventual decertification 6 months down the line.

    Decertifying is actually going to speed up the process and at the same time slow it down. Now we just get court decisions and appeals for a few months and eventually football in the fall. I wouldn't worry too much about the lockout.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    BELLINGHAM. WASHINGTON
    Posts
    5,255

    Default

    With my home team being the Seattle Seahawks its hard to watch football . hell had no clue any of this was going on

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    2,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mma #1 fan View Post
    With my home team being the Seattle Seahawks its hard to watch football . hell had no clue any of this was going on
    Logistically, the Seahawks are the closest to where I live as well.....doesn't look like they'll be on tv anytime soon.
    Lost SIG bet to Leucoethiops


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    I am Macatron!
    Posts
    6,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyreas View Post
    Well there is more to it than just sueing. If they didn't decertify today and this thing drags out until the start of the season they have no legal options available for 6 months. Once the deadline passes the union must wait 6 months before they can decertify. If they don't decertify the power shifts to the owners for 6 months and that will end in an eventual decertification 6 months down the line.

    Decertifying is actually going to speed up the process and at the same time slow it down. Now we just get court decisions and appeals for a few months and eventually football in the fall. I wouldn't worry too much about the lockout.
    Yeah but to decertify just to sue only to reform the union later seems like it should be wrong.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •