Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: NFL Lockout

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Goodell
    Dear NFL Fan,

    When I wrote to you last on behalf of the NFL, we promised you that we would work tirelessly to find a collectively bargained solution to our differences with the players' union. Subsequent to that letter to you, we agreed that the fastest way to a fair agreement was for everyone to work together through a mediation process. For the last three weeks I have personally attended every session of mediation, which is a process our clubs sincerely believe in.

    Unfortunately, I have to tell you that earlier today the players' union walked away from mediation and collective bargaining and has initiated litigation against the clubs. In an effort to get a fair agreement now, our clubs offered a deal today that was, among other things, designed to have no adverse financial impact on veteran players in the early years, and would have met the players' financial demands in the latter years of the agreement.

    The proposal we made included an offer to narrow the player compensation gap that existed in the negotiations by splitting the difference; guarantee a reallocation of savings from first-round rookies to veterans and retirees without negatively affecting compensation for rounds 2-7; no compensation reduction for veterans; implement new year-round health and safety rules; retain the current 16-4 season format for at least two years with any subsequent changes subject to the approval of the league and union; and establish a new legacy fund for retired players ($82 million contributed by the owners over the next two years).

    It was a deal that offered compromise, and would have ensured the well-being of our players and guaranteed the long-term future for the fans of the great game we all love so much. It was a deal where everyone would prosper.

    We remain committed to collective bargaining and the federal mediation process until an agreement is reached, and call on the union to return to negotiations immediately. NFL players, clubs, and fans want an agreement. The only place it can be reached is at the bargaining table.

    While we are disappointed with the union's actions, we remain steadfastly committed to reaching an agreement that serves the best interest of NFL players, clubs and fans, and thank you for your continued support of our League. First and foremost it is your passion for the game that drives us all, and we will not lose sight of this as we continue to work for a deal that works for everyone.



    Yours,
    Roger Goodell
    Well they tried....
    Atleast we know it wasnt his fault.

    Letter obtained from the Indianapolis Colts' website
    http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=ar...c-0a59febe5a35
    Last edited by HillbillyDeluxe; 03-12-2011 at 08:49 AM.
    "I leave this as a declaration of intent, so no one will get confused. 1: Si vis pacum para bellum. Latin. If you want peace, prepare for war. 2: Frank Castle is dead. He died with his family. 3: In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacies, it is necessary to act outside the law. To pursue natural justice. This isn't vengeance. Revenge is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response. No, not vengeance. Punishment "

  2. #22

    Default

    that last deal sounded like a fair offer to me. i was all for the players............but now it seems like they wanted to go to court cuz they got just as greedy if not more so then the owners had before

  3. #23
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    3,046

    Default

    If they play this year then I'll watch, if they have a lockout then oh well. When millionaires are battling billionaires over money I don't seem to care too greatly on who's getting shortchanged in the deal. It would just mean that I would have to watch more college football next year.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,608

    Default

    I always found that athletes are overpaid. TO be honest, its one of the easiest jobs to have, being at the top of the sport you love to play, and get paid millions of dollars for it. yet they still have the balls to pull shit like this, while the rest of the world is scrapping by, fuck em. Karma is a bitch, ill see you on the field.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

  5. #25
    Kimbo> Rampage Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    I always found that athletes are overpaid. TO be honest, its one of the easiest jobs to have, being at the top of the sport you love to play, and get paid millions of dollars for it. yet they still have the balls to pull shit like this, while the rest of the world is scrapping by, fuck em. Karma is a bitch, ill see you on the field.
    agree, in some cases, especially the rookies. We all knew the rookie pay scale needed to change. but cant owners also be way overpaid? also gm, coaches, staff, etc. We dont have enough inside information to formulate an opinion on who is right and who is wrong but we can see why both sides are pissed off.

    The lions were just about to make a superbowl run as well. lets think, the two nfc championship teams, the bears and packers. They could have easily beaten them both twice and played with backup quarterbacks almost the whole season. They need some corners. If they got nnamdi they would be one of the best teams in the nfl.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    2,638

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by rampage9712 View Post
    agree, in some cases, especially the rookies. We all knew the rookie pay scale needed to change. but cant owners also be way overpaid? also gm, coaches, staff, etc. We dont have enough inside information to formulate an opinion on who is right and who is wrong but we can see why both sides are pissed off.

    The lions were just about to make a superbowl run as well. lets think, the two nfc championship teams, the bears and packers. They could have easily beaten them both twice and played with backup quarterbacks almost the whole season. They need some corners. If they got nnamdi they would be one of the best teams in the nfl.
    Did you just mention the Lions & The Superbowl?

    Let me break it down B-Rabbit....the only association between the Lions and the Superbowl is when the city of Detroit hosts another SB...that's it, plain and simple.
    Lost SIG bet to Leucoethiops


  7. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    I always found that athletes are overpaid. TO be honest, its one of the easiest jobs to have, being at the top of the sport you love to play, and get paid millions of dollars for it. yet they still have the balls to pull shit like this, while the rest of the world is scrapping by, fuck em. Karma is a bitch, ill see you on the field.
    They are paid appropriately for the amount of money they generate. I have only been fortunate enough to know one professional athlete and the amount of work he put in from an early age to be the best greatly exceeds anything a 9-5er does.

    Every job seems easy when you aren't the one doing it.

    Quote Originally Posted by CHAEL fan View Post
    Did you just mention the Lions & The Superbowl?

    Let me break it down B-Rabbit....the only association between the Lions and the Superbowl is when the city of Detroit hosts another SB...that's it, plain and simple.
    Superbowl, maybe not...playoffs, count on it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •