Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best PreWorkout Supplement?

Default Best PreWorkout Supplement?

So Phil Davis says he uses NO-Xplode. I've been thinking that a pre-workout supplement is something I want to start using so I looked up NO-XPlode but it seems like there are better options. Some other supplements that I noticed have good reviews are: Controlled Labs White Flood, BPI 1 M.R., Muscle Pharm Assault, MRI Black Powder, XPI Supplements Myonox, and USP Labs Jacked.

Assault looks pretty good has anyone used it? It's $27.95 for 1.76 lbs on TFSupplements. Blackpowder though is $34.95 for 3 lbs. I've also read a lot of positive reviews for Jacked. Can anyone shed some light on the best buy/best overall product?

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

creatine or NO work very good for lifting weights, but if your boxing or doing things related to mma just have some caffeine when you get up and make sure you have enough carbs to keep you energized. Not sure about brands that is a debate that will never end, there are a lot of products that will work and do the same thing.

Depends on what your using it for, lifting or competing? You don't want to take certain pre workouts before you get in a fight or have a big game day because the Nitric oxide expands your veins allowing for muscle pump which takes a lot of oxygen and will gas you the fuck out. I took No.Explode before my basketball games and it really got me hyped up I'd recommend it as the #1 preworkout for competing I was throwing down two hand dunks in warm ups haha but would always crash later in the game. Recently in my first MMA fight I took 1mr (another pre workout) right before and I was so unbelievably cracked out I felt like I could take on anyone but literally 2 minutes in I had a major adrenaline dump. 1mr and Jack3d give you a freaky unstoppable feeling, especially 1MR. No explode is great for that athletic edge and competing. Superpump250, NanoVaper, plasmajet.. are excellent for getting that pump but don't give you that athletic boost. These I would recommend for lifting because they are primarily N.O based.

Quote Originally Posted by GSPvsSILVA2012 View Post
    Depends on what your using it for, lifting or competing? You don't want to take certain pre workouts before you get in a fight or have a big game day because the Nitric oxide expands your veins allowing for muscle pump which takes a lot of oxygen and will gas you the fuck out. I took No.Explode before my basketball games and it really got me hyped up I'd recommend it as the #1 preworkout for competing I was throwing down two hand dunks in warm ups haha but would always crash later in the game. Recently in my first MMA fight I took 1mr (another pre workout) right before and I was so unbelievably cracked out I felt like I could take on anyone but literally 2 minutes in I had a major adrenaline dump. 1mr and Jack3d give you a freaky unstoppable feeling, especially 1MR. No explode is great for that athletic edge and competing. Superpump250, NanoVaper, plasmajet.. are excellent for getting that pump but don't give you that athletic boost. These I would recommend for lifting because they are primarily N.O based.
    I'd be using it for lifting weights. From what you're saying, I don't think I want to get 1MR because 2 minutes in to the workout I'll be tired. Have you tried Black Powder or Assault?

I always liked Power Drive from Biotest. I was a sprinter back in the day but I did a lot of weightlifting too.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

Best PreWorkout Supplement? That's easy.....basic protein powder + creatine
    Lost SIG bet to Leucoethiops

Quote Originally Posted by CHAEL fan View Post
    Best PreWorkout Supplement? That's easy.....basic protein powder + creatine
    I've done this. But aside from the fact that drinking a creatine drink was awful just about every time (I used CellTech Fruit Punch...still have about 1/4 of it left because I just couldn't drink it anymore), Pre-workout supplements like NO-Xplode have creatine and also nitric oxide and other things that boost your energy. They're not cheap which is why I'm looking in to different brands before I buy one.

nitrofatburners.com gives this list of best supplements with Muscle Pharm Assault being #1 and NO-Xplode being #10.

http://nitrofatburners.com/weight-tr...ut-supplement/

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MrSpanky View Post
    I've done this. But aside from the fact that drinking a creatine drink was awful just about every time (I used CellTech Fruit Punch...still have about 1/4 of it left because I just couldn't drink it anymore), Pre-workout supplements like NO-Xplode have creatine and also nitric oxide and other things that boost your energy. They're not cheap which is why I'm looking in to different brands before I buy one.

nitrofatburners.com gives this list of best supplements with Muscle Pharm Assault being #1 and NO-Xplode being #10.

Best Pre Workout Supplement – 2011
    The protein that I take (Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey) has the creatine in the ingredients....mix it with cold water or milk....ahhh, delicious. Works great before and after your workouts.

For my caffeine fix, I drink a cup of coffee before I hit the gym.
    Lost SIG bet to Leucoethiops

Has anyone tried NO Extreme by Cellucor?

I'm a bit of supplements pig myself.

I"ve tried NO-Xplode by BSN, Super Pump 250 by Gaspari, and whatever the hell Dymatize calls it's N.O. preworkout product, the name is escaping me right now.

In complete honesty, this sort of product is good to help you get through a plateau or anytime you're having difficulty finding the motivation to train or are just simply looking to mix things up. Most of the stimulant response you get from them could be had at a much cheaper price by using just caffeine alone. I found them all pretty tough on the stomach and they made me a little uncomfortable with any almost "itchy" sensation felt in my skin.

The BEST preworkout supplement is a slower digesting protein (casein, or whey-blend) and a multi-vitamin. Other than that, in terms or importance I'd rank the following: BCAA's, creatine and/or glutamine, caffeine. Most products on the market today specialize in these and are blends of most them.

Some people find N.O products good for a "pick me up" but I'd never be able to make them a staple of mine. Like I said, try them maybe if you're in a plateau or just looking for a temporary change. If you've only been working out a few months and don't have your protein, vitamins, fats, and carbs figured out yet then don't waste your money.

Oh, and FYI, keep as hydrated as possible when taking supplements like these.
    "I do not pretend to know where many ignorant men are sure" - Clarence Darrow

Thread Information