Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best PreWorkout Supplement?

I use to use NO Xplode. My numbers in the gym jumped up like crazy and I felt like a beast.....up until I felt like I had to shit myself and got headaches all the time. I also experienced some other side effects such as limpdickitis which was really inconvenient (I had just started dating this girl and it was killin my love life).

So I have swore off NO Xplode. I just recently went through my first bottle of Jack3d and it worked great. No side effects, gives great focus, and I can actually feel it helping when I'm at rugby practice and not just working out.

The best pre-workout I've ever used was Biotest Surge Workout Fuel. It's not an NO or pump.It's a whey hydrolysate, BCAA supplement. It really helped me get over a wall I had physically and mentally hit when I started working out and getting ready for rugby. It's really expensive, but worth looking into. You can only buy it online as far as I know. T-Nation has it, but I'm sure you could find it somewhere else as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKidInside View Post
    thank you, FMHF

and use your BRAIN, Leucoethiops, if your body is able to handle 5X5 AT 230 LBS do you SERIOUSLY think it's NATURAL and HEALTHY for you to take SYNTHETIC SHIT (without enough research done on it, even if it is FDA, which is a joke and ran by private companies just like the USDA, approved because you can't study 30+ results of NO not to mention creatine WITH DANGEROUSLY HIGH LEVELS OF CAFFEINE IN IT WHEN THE PRODUCT HASN'T BEEN ON THE MARKET MORE THAN 5, now can you?) and push you past your plateau...

k, i'm going to share some articles since you don't wanna google and this is from an MMA site actually so

Medical Beat: FDA issues warning about America's top supplement line
    So, you shit on the FDA, then cite them as a source to support your case. That sir, is retarded.

What's the difference between passing your plateau without taking supplements and with taking supplements? The mechanics of how it's done is still the same; lift heavy, rest, repair, repeat. Taking a synthesized BCAA complex to help repair your muscles isn't particular unhealthy just because it's an unnatural compound.

p.s. I am not holier than thou, I am simply someone who has been there and done that and studied past the marketing b.s.
    Nah, you're pretty much just a crusading vegan who shits on anyone who eats meat and takes supplements.

I also had two friends OD to the point where we had to call EMTs for them, one by simple using 2 grams too much of Superpump 250 and the other by using about 1/3 of a scoop too much of NO Xplode...
    To be honest, your whole story sounds like bullshit. A serving of superpump 250 is 20 grams, I repeat, 20 grams. But you expect me to believe 22 grams sends people to the hospital? Come on... I'm not even sure how you can OD on 1/3rd of a scoop too much NoXplode, the dosing procedures are 1 to 3 scoops, and the bottle says to start with half a scoop to assess tolerance, so either your friends can't read, or they're just pussies.

Furthermore, I think you're full of shit because you really have no way of knowing at what point, this hypothetical threshold of toxicity was crossed. Did you take blood samples or something, and compare them against an established control group from a representative sample? No, I thought not. Your anecdotal evidence is worthless.

People go to the hospital because they drank a redbull too and "felt funny".

Fuck, last time I was in a hospital, someone was in a bed complaining that their head and body hurt.... It was the day after the first time they'd ever drank, and they got way too drunk, so they spent their first ever hangover taking up an ER bed for someone who could've used it.

Honestly, I have nothing against your lifestyle choice, but you're clearly on a mission, and you don't mind supporting it at any cost; even if it means forsaking your credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Leucoethiops View Post
    So, you shit on the FDA, then cite them as a source to support your case. That sir, is retarded.

What's the difference between passing your plateau without taking supplements and with taking supplements? The mechanics of how it's done is still the same; lift heavy, rest, repair, repeat. Taking a synthesized BCAA complex to help repair your muscles isn't particular unhealthy just because it's an unnatural compound.

Nah, you're pretty much just a crusading vegan who shits on anyone who eats meat and takes supplements.

To be honest, your whole story sounds like bullshit. A serving of superpump 250 is 20 grams, I repeat, 20 grams. But you expect me to believe 22 grams sends people to the hospital? Come on... I'm not even sure how you can OD on 1/3rd of a scoop too much NoXplode, the dosing procedures are 1 to 3 scoops, and the bottle says to start with half a scoop to assess tolerance, so either your friends can't read, or they're just pussies.

Furthermore, I think you're full of shit because you really have no way of knowing at what point, this hypothetical threshold of toxicity was crossed. Did you take blood samples or something, and compare them against an established control group from a representative sample? No, I thought not. Your anecdotal evidence is worthless.

People go to the hospital because they drank a redbull too and "felt funny".

Fuck, last time I was in a hospital, someone was in a bed complaining that their head and body hurt.... It was the day after the first time they'd ever drank, and they got way too drunk, so they spent their first ever hangover taking up an ER bed for someone who could've used it.

Honestly, I have nothing against your lifestyle choice, but you're clearly on a mission, and you don't mind supporting it at any cost; even if it means forsaking your credibility.
    your arguing nutrition with a nutritionist you dont really got much of a shot here.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

anyone use creatine? Iv got big legs, but want huge running back type legs. Seems i hit plateaus from time to time and rarely increase by much weight.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    your arguing nutrition with a nutritionist you dont really got much of a shot here.
    Nutritionist... There's a generally useless profession if ever there was one...

For athletes, yeah, it's useful. For the general population, put down the fork, step away from the computer, and take a walk.

Quote Originally Posted by rampage9712 View Post
    anyone use creatine? Iv got big legs, but want huge running back type legs. Seems i hit plateaus from time to time and rarely increase by much weight.
    IMO, supplementation can help with plateaus, but 90% of your goal will likely be achieved through changing up your training routine and possibly your diet.

Your muscles will inevitably adapt to the training you normally do. When that happens you will typically experience a "plateau". Those are the times to change up your training. Don't stick to the exact same routine for more than 8 weeks or so if you want to avoid plateaus all together. I know it's sometimes hard to walk away from a program that has been working, but remember you can always come back to it later. Keeping things from getting stale is the name of the game.

So #1: change you training routine for at least 8 weeks
    #2: make sure you taking in enough calories and protein to suit your needs
    #3: creatine, NO products, tribulus, etc. could always help, in conjunction with #1 and #2.
    "I do not pretend to know where many ignorant men are sure" - Clarence Darrow

It's worth keeping in mind, that one uses different amounts of weights, with different amounts of reps in different amounts of sets, depending on what they're looking to do...

Bodybuilders don't lift as heavy as someone who's trying to build functional strength... They do lighter lifts (can still be heavy), with more reps in more sets, than someone who's training for, say, Olympic deadlifting; but I promise you that the Olympic trained athlete is a great deal stronger than the body builder. The strongest guys, don't look like they should be the strongest guys.

So bear in mind, that by trying to build up your legs to look like a savage, you're not necessarily building up their functionality or explosiveness; and at the end of the day, functionality > appearance.

I just thought that was an important distinction to make.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fear My Hammer Fist View Post
    IMO, supplementation can help with plateaus, but 90% of your goal will likely be achieved through changing up your training routine and possibly your diet.

Your muscles will inevitably adapt to the training you normally do. When that happens you will typically experience a "plateau". Those are the times to change up your training. Don't stick to the exact same routine for more than 8 weeks or so if you want to avoid plateaus all together. I know it's sometimes hard to walk away from a program that has been working, but remember you can always come back to it later. Keeping things from getting stale is the name of the game.

So #1: change you training routine for at least 8 weeks
    #2: make sure you taking in enough calories and protein to suit your needs
    #3: creatine, NO products, tribulus, etc. could always help, in conjunction with #1 and #2.
    What can you do when it comes to legs. Ill do squats, leg presses, leg extension and leg curls. What other options are there for building strength.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leucoethiops View Post
    It's worth keeping in mind, that one uses different amounts of weights, with different amounts of reps in different amounts of sets, depending on what they're looking to do...

Bodybuilders don't lift as heavy as someone who's trying to build functional strength... They do lighter lifts (can still be heavy), with more reps in more sets, than someone who's training for, say, Olympic deadlifting; but I promise you that the Olympic trained athlete is a great deal stronger than the body builder. The strongest guys, don't look like they should be the strongest guys.

So bear in mind, that by trying to build up your legs to look like a savage, you're not necessarily building up their functionality or explosiveness; and at the end of the day, functionality > appearance.

I just thought that was an important distinction to make.
    Agree, I dont care how it looks, i want the strength and explosiveness. I said running backs because they need the the actual strength and not just the looks. Ill usually do 8 reps at the most then go down to like 6, etc.

Iv experienced consistent increases in weight for the exercises for the past few months but recently its a struggle to get a little increase after multiple workouts and you feel the same strength.

Also im 6.'1.5 235-240 pounds would probably be able to get down to like 225 or so if i was completely cut. Any dosing recommendations? Do you have to take a lot or can you just take it in very small amounts to get some strength gains? you hear about these people taking too much and becoming unbalanced later on.

What can you do when it comes to legs. Ill do squats, leg presses, leg extension and leg curls. What other options are there for building strength.
    Calf raises, single leg squats using dumb bells (brace your other foot behind you on a bench or some such for stability), lunges (while holding dumb bells), sumo squats. There's lots of different leg exercises you can do, heck, just google 'leg exercises' , and I'm sure you'll come up with something; and variety is the spice of life.

Iv experienced consistent increases in weight for the exercises for the past few months but recently its a struggle to get a little increase after multiple workouts and you feel the same strength.
    Plateaus, they happen. Change up your routine, is my advice. Find some new exercises to do for a bit to give your muscles something new. Like most things, our bodies become accustomed to routine stressors. You'll also find yourself less burnt out on going to the gym. That was actually why I first started changing up my routines, not because of plateaus, but because I got tired of doing the exact same shit all the time.

Also im 6.'1.5 235-240 pounds would probably be able to get down to like 225 or so if i was completely cut. Any dosing recommendations? Do you have to take a lot or can you just take it in very small amounts to get some strength gains? you hear about these people taking too much and becoming unbalanced later on.
    Dosing recommendations for what? NO products? I don't recommend that stuff really, I use it myself from time to time, but it's not a staple in my stack. My advice would be to read the label. Most products use the '1 scoop = 1 serving' dosing protocol. If you're not really used to stims, but are determined to try it, take half a scoop your first time.

I don't wanna hear about you overdosing by 78/100ths of gram and ending up with paranoid schizophrenia.... (sarcasm)

Thread Information