Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TUF 13 Ep. 1

Default TUF 13 Ep. 1

Anyone watched the 1st episode?

IMO there is actually not a lot to talk about. The fight was pretty boring, actually the wretsler tried to do some things, he tried to change positions, to do GnP but he was not succesful so at the end it looked like a total LnP fight.

Sucks for the guy that got injured, but who is the new guy? Where did he come from?

The verbal coaching was pretty weak IMO, both of them looked more like fans shouting than real coaches giving good advices. I dont really blame them, I dont expect them to be great coaches, they are relatively new in the sport actually.

At the end as always we saw some footage of brawls inside the house, well it happens absolutely every season, so we will see who will be the douchebag this time. BTW I would like to know what the ratings are, The first episode of TUF is the biggest in history with 2.9, it was because of Kimbo. I would like to see if Brock can beat that.

Yea, fight was terrible. I almost had to give it to the guy that lost, I mean, the guy that won, sure he out wrestled the hell out of the other guy but other than that, what did he do? Nothing? A weak few punches towards the end of the fight. I mean, it's great to control someone but I've never seen anyone get KO'ed by being "controlled" and "held down", nor have I ever seen anyone submitted by it, so how does that really mean anything in scoring? The best it does is put you in positions to win and considering someone was in the position to win the entire fight and didn't finish, that tells me a lot.

The other thing is that it appears submission attempts don't mean squat. They do damage, but the non-damaging "controlling" or "holding down" a fighter seem to score more points with judges? If someone has you in a submission attempt, bending your arm, cranking your neck, etc. that does damage! It freaking hurts and it stays with you through the fight, most of the time more than a punch would.

Sorry, just was thinking about how judges judge fights and started ranting.

Episode was kinda weird lol. Nothing really happened. Coaches are really laid back and friendly to each other. No drama. Previews didn't really show anyone being too crazy. Weird season.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

BTW rating was 1.5
    Way worse than anyone thought

Maybe Lesnar is not anymore that big of a draw?

Pretty disappointing first episode to be sure. No one had to fight to get on the show so we didnt get to see fights right off the bat. Lesnar and JDS seem WAY to calm and polite.

The first fight was, in my opinion, a complete snore fest. Shamar (the wrestler) did absolutely nothing even when he was in the full mount. He literally just laid on top of Asrih for two rounds. BORING! I think I tried to count the punches/elbows landed by Shamar in the first round and I didnt have to use two hands to do it. He landed like 8 strikes?

Hopefully next weeks episode will have two guys who are a bit more exciting.

I have not watched all the seasons of TUF, only season 10 and 12 but for all of you who have watched more seasons I have a question. Has there been any more boring fight than yesterday´s one?
    I remember that in TUF 10 we had some horrible fights, but as far as I remember no one was as bad as this was.

i love tuf and watch every episode of every season but that episode was probably the worst premeire i can remember. the format is weird, the fight was sloppy and boring, dana thinks that there is gonna be so many people watching so hes trying to be even more of a badas then he already thinks he is...very disappointed.

also wtf was with brock asking them if they want to win and then writing their answers down? of course they are going to say they want to win.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post

also wtf was with brock asking them if they want to win and then writing their answers down? of course they are going to say they want to win.
    LMAO maybe Lesnar tried to feel as a very legit and wise coach.

There are actually people (not only in MMA) that write a lot of stuff, and they are very succesful, look at Jose Mourinho for example.

8. 04-02-2011, 12:31 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Pashak View Post
    LMAO maybe Lesnar tried to feel as a very legit and wise coach.

There are actually people (not only in MMA) that write a lot of stuff, and they are very succesful, look at Jose Mourinho for example.
    Yea but the fact he asked them such a ridiculous question and had to write it down when then all gave the same answer. hahahaha

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

JDS is too damn nice and is always smiling, i wish he and lesnar would mouth off to each other to hype up the fight. you could see when they went to shake hands, jds patted brock on the shoulder and then brock looks at him intensely. In interviews lesnar said that spending time on tuf opposite jds, he never felt threatened and he knows that jds wont beat him. Jds is a nice guy but can absolutely knock you out.

LOL, now that I remember have anyone watched an episode of Simpsons where Homer was the captain of a submarine and at one point Homer was looking so serious writing important stuff in a paper?, and however in reality he was just drawing a stupid shark eating people LOOOOl

Maybe Lesnar was doing the same

Thread Information