Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pull Bar exercises question.

Default Pull Bar exercises question.

I would like to ask about how to properly do a training using only pullbar.
    I mean, how many reps I have to do, how much time a day etc etc.

I have heard and read that pullbars are excellent to develop a good looking body (though the exercises are very hard) however I donīt know what kind of routine I have to do.

Also another question, I go to the GYM, is it good to do about 10-15 minutes of excercises with pullbars before beginning the Gym routine?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Pashak View Post
    I would like to ask about how to properly do a training using only pullbar.
    I mean, how many reps I have to do, how much time a day etc etc.

I have heard and read that pullbars are excellent to develop a good looking body (though the exercises are very hard) however I donīt know what kind of routine I have to do.

Also another question, I go to the GYM, is it good to do about 10-15 minutes of excercises with pullbars before beginning the Gym routine?

Thanks in advance.
    Hi Pashak,

With a question like this, you could get a hundred people to respond and all with a different opinion.

By pull bar do you mean a bar above your head for doing pull ups / chin ups?

I could tell you my opinion on what I think you should do, but I don't have nearly enough information on how you train. You said you go to the gym, how often? How do you train now? What is your goal (build bulk, cardio, general fitness, etc. etc.) ?

Pulls ups are an excellent "all around" exercise and hit a lot of muscle groups, most notably the back, the arms, and part of your shoulder. If you do them right your core should also get worked. But if somebody ONLY worked out with a pull bar they'd be missing out on a lot of important things, like cardiovascular ability, legs, and chest. As a rule of thumb, it's never a good idea to make you training exclusive to just one exercise, machine, or activity, you should incorporate many different things for maximum effect.

You could certainly do 10-15mins of pull ups before going to the gym, depending on what you were planning on doing at the gym that day. I wouldn't do a full pull up workout anymore than 3 times a week or you could risk not giving your muscles enough time to recover and develop.

If you could answer some of the questions at the beginning I could try to be more specific.

Here's some info and how to do good pull ups and their variations:

Bodybuilding.com - Exercise Of The Week: Pull-ups.

Here's an actual "all pull up" routine that would likely take about 20mins to do. (I wouldn't likely be doing much back work at the gym after a workout like this).

http://www.fitness-training-at-home....p-workout.html

Hope this gets you started!
    "I do not pretend to know where many ignorant men are sure" - Clarence Darrow

pfft...you could've just msg'd me on Facebook instead of wasting your time posting a thread. You know I got you...

p.s. I have an epic 8 pack and do almost no core...all from pull ups, dips, push ups, and pull up bar gymnastic progressions (olympic rings FTMFW!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by TheKidInside View Post
    pfft...you could've just msg'd me on Facebook instead of wasting your time posting a thread. You know I got you...

p.s. I have an epic 8 pack and do almost no core...all from pull ups, dips, push ups, and pull up bar gymnastic progressions (olympic rings FTMFW!!!)
    There's a lot of kind off training you could do that will develop your core without ever actually having to target the core. Gymnastics is perhaps the absolute best overall training a person could do.

Quote Originally Posted by Fear My Hammer Fist View Post
    There's a lot of kind off training you could do that will develop your core without ever actually having to target the core. Gymnastics is perhaps the absolute best overall training a person could do.
    gymnastic is actually exactly what i do. your core's function is to stabilize, same with your lumbar spine, therefor there's no need for crunches or leg raises if you're doing gymnastics exercises. look at gymnasts they are by far the more ripped and chiseled dudes out there and p4p strongest in terms of functionality and they can do more crunches and sit ups than anyone else without ever having done them

Quote Originally Posted by TheKidInside View Post
    gymnastic is actually exactly what i do. your core's function is to stabilize, same with your lumbar spine, therefor there's no need for crunches or leg raises if you're doing gymnastics exercises. look at gymnasts they are by far the more ripped and chiseled dudes out there and p4p strongest in terms of functionality and they can do more crunches and sit ups than anyone else without ever having done them

I've only learned in the past 2 years or so that you never have to do crunches or situps, etc., to work your core, wish I had known this all along!

Here is one of my favorite core exercises right now:

‪Washington, DC Personal Trainer Shows You The Dumbbell Swing‬‏ - YouTube

One of my buddy's made fun of me for doing these in the gym with a 60lbs. dumbell. I had him do it for 2 sets as many as he could and it wiped the smile right off his face. Awesome core stability exercise.

I've only learned in the past 2 years or so that you never have to do crunches or situps, etc., to work your core, wish I had known this all along!

One of my buddy's made fun of me for doing these in the gym with a 60lbs. dumbell. I had him do it for 2 sets as many as he could and it wiped the smile right off his face. Awesome core stability exercise.

hhaha pwn'd

here are some of my faves

at this point I do the above Iron Cross style where I move my arms all the way out to my sides

and Bruce Lee's fave

Those dragon flags look SICK! Can't wait to try them tomorrow.

It's definitely not the coolest looking exercise out there, but it looks like it gets the job done. I'm glad that I have equipment at home so I don't have to do them in public.
    <a href=http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m127/jadel92/BruinsBear-HatersGonnaHate.gif target=_blank>http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...sGonnaHate.gif</a>

Thread Information