Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MMA Rumor: UFC's Jim Miller to Strikeforce to Fight LW Champion Gilbert Melendez

Default MMA Rumor: UFC's Jim Miller to Strikeforce to Fight LW Champion Gilbert Melendez

i figured this isnt noob jack since the shogun/forrest is a rumor too.

MMA Rumor: UFC's Jim Miller to Strikeforce to Fight LW Champion Gilbert Melendez | Bleacher Report

by Nick Caron

Fresh off of destroying a consensus top 10 opponent in Tatsuya Kawajiri, Strikeforce Lightweight Champion, Gilbert Melendez began speaking out about the possibility of him fighting some of the UFC’s top lightweights.

He may now have an opponent, in the UFC’s Jim Miller.

According to @JonLutherMMA on Twitter, and re-Tweeted by Loretta Hunt, Zuffa is looking to setup what may be the first UFC vs. Strikeforce fight featuring two consensus top 10 lightweights in Gilbert Melendez and Jim Miller.

Melendez is ranked as high as the No. 2 lightweight in the world on some rankings and made it known that he would like to fight the winner of the upcoming UFC Lightweight Title rematch between Frankie Edgar and Gray Maynard. But with that fight still far off on the horizon and the usual layoff between UFC title fights, Melendez may need to find himself an opponent in the meantime.
    read the rest in the article

2. Default

YES! Jim Miller all the fucking way.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Haha, the fact that Hunt is connected to this story makes me chuckle.

Miller would be a very serious threat to Gilbert,but after what we just saw,I dunno if he would win. Very good fight, I think it could make for interesting debate if confirmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

He'll yeah, awesome fight!!

I guess Dana wants to find out how good he really is, he opened his mouth it's time to knuckle up or shut up!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Haha, the fact that Hunt is connected to this story makes me chuckle.

Miller would be a very serious threat to Gilbert,but after what we just saw,I dunno if he would win. Very good fight, I think it could make for interesting debate if confirmed.
    hahahahaha loretta hunt

and i agree its really a tossup fight both guys could possibly be the #1 lightweight in the world.

I like Miller but I think Mlendez would win this fight. I really like the idea of making this fight happen though.

Nice if it happens, Melendez looked good in his last fight but i hope Miller takes this&shuts him up. Starting to become abit of a Jim Miller fan. Safe bet for Dana aswell if Miller wins it proves UFC's dominence, if Miller loses Dana can still say well he lost to our two top guys aswell so still doesnt prove Melendez is better then Edgar or Maynard.
    FAVOURITE FIGHTERS:Shogun,GSP,JDS,BJ Penn,Fedor,Rampage,Hendo,Wandy,Sonnen,Frankie Edgar,Nick Diaz,Carlos Condit,Rory Mac,Mousasi,Cerrone,Rumble&Big Country.LEAST FAVOURTE:Anderson,Bisping,Rashad,Mir,Maynard,Shiel ds&Melendez.

Quote Originally Posted by JCVD View Post
    Nice if it happens, Melendez looked good in his last fight but i hope Miller takes this&shuts him up. Starting to become abit of a Jim Miller fan. Safe bet for Dana aswell if Miller wins it proves UFC's dominence, if Miller loses Dana can still say well he lost to our two top guys aswell so still doesnt prove Melendez is better then Edgar or Maynard.
    That's a great point about Dana hedging his bets with the matchmaking in this situation. I hope this turns out to be true for Jim Miller's sake . . . dude deserves a title shot and even if he can't fight Frankie/Gray, he deserves the extra publicity associated with this first UFC-SF cross-over match. Let the rivalries begin.

Also, doesn't surprise me to see Dana send a UFC fighter "down" to SF. This way he's kept the SF "brand" out of the UFC.

Thihs is exactly what I wanted to see after Kawajiri. If it manages to happen im happier then a pig in shit. WAR Miller!!!!
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Thread Information