Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MMA Rumor: UFC's Jim Miller to Strikeforce to Fight LW Champion Gilbert Melendez

Not sure if this will happen.
    But I will for one say that Miller is a bad dude. He matches very well with almost any lightweight. I would take Miller in this by decision.
    When the sounds of violence are heard, what side will you be on...

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BBG View Post
    Not sure if this will happen.
    But I will for one say that Miller is a bad dude. He matches very well with almost any lightweight. I would take Miller in this by decision.
    Ya that would be a great fight, id take melendez by decision. Either winning that fight, CLEARLY deserves a title shot.

I hope this is true! Both guys look like they are peaking in terms of fighting skill, and both looked awesome in their last fights.

I would have to give a slight edge to Miller though. His striking is better at this point (though Gilbert's is improving rapidly), he's a good enough wrestler to keep it standing, and I think his BJJ is a little more polished. Both have good BJJ training, but I just think Miller is more likely to pull a submission off.

Miller by close decision, FOTN for sure.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

this would be a good fight.

it would also be epic in a ufc fighter taking on a strikeforce fighter. it will be interesting to see the details. you know under which banner, is it a title fight, what does the winner get, is there co promotion ect....

Miller can win this fight. Not sure Melendez can. What will he do, out-wrestle Jim? Submit him? I don't see that happening.

Then again, I'm not picking against Miller until he gets his title shot. Maybe if he was facing Penn, but he isn't a lightweight right now.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    haha maybe he isn't supposed to tell anyone maybe?
    oh THAT'S why it's all over the internet

my money is on Miller if they book this fight.

Great fight if it happens. I would take Gil by dec. I would be rooting for Miller though.

No matter what happens, I just want to see Gilbert placed against some top competition so he can back up all the bark. His performance against Kawajiri was impressive.

Miller VS Melendez would be a hell of a fight until the end. I would definitely love to see that fight and I would be going with Miller, of course.

i find this extremely odd, especially considering franklin mcneil suggested it on mma live. i don't know about you guys, but to me, the odds of zuffa brass even listening to what mcneil had to say, let alone considering it are pretty low.

edit: loretta cunt...always wanted to say that.
    Last edited by carbondioxide830; 04-17-2011 at 11:36 PM.

Thread Information