Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anderson Silva Says He Would Never Fight Jon Jones

1. Default Anderson Silva Says He Would Never Fight Jon Jones

Anderson Silva Says He Would Never Fight Jon Jones - Bloody Elbow

Anderson Silva appears to be more interested in the "Winable" superfight against Georges St. Pierre than facing Jon Jones at Light Heavyweight according to an interview with Esportes.r7.com: (translated by BE's own Tom Mendes)

On fighting Jones:

"No chance, hes in a different weight class, we are friends and we wont fight each other."
    On fighting GSP:

"There is a chance there, everything will depend on our results. It depends on him winning at UFC 129 and me winning in August (against Yushin Okami). And from there, who knows, this fight could take place."
    Okay....I don't even know where to begin with this interview. We won't fight Jones because he's in another weight class but he'll fight GSP who's in another weight class? And when did him and Jones become such good friends? Whatever respect I had for Anderson went right out the window. He is a coward.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Okay....I don't even know where to begin with this interview. We won't fight Jones because he's in another weight class but he'll fight GSP who's in another weight class? And when did him and Jones become such good friends? Whatever respect I had for Anderson went right out the window. He is a coward.
    Come on dude , its not like Jones would fight against Brock or Cain...
    Or Edgar vs GSP... So they are not cowards... I dont think GSP wants to fight Silva either... So I dont see this fight happening either...

Only part that is strange is that Bones and Silva are friends. Since when? Since he(Bones) won LHW title?

hahah so then why is GSP being called a pussy for not fighting Silva......

Anderson Silva Says He Would Never Fight Jon Jones - Bloody Elbow

I keep saying this all the time Sakara. Jon Jones and Silva have a huge respect for eachother. Put it this way for Jones he idealizes Anderson Silva like Anderson Silva idealizes Roy Jones Jr.

Jones himself has even went on record and stated that he looks up to Silva and that Silva was one of his favorites fighters....

A fight between the two would probably look like Crocop vs Pat Berry. As far as GSP goes wasn't GSP suppose to move up to mw to challenge Silva for the title?
    Last edited by roaddawg; 04-16-2011 at 12:13 PM.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    Come on dude , its not like Jones would fight against Brock or Cain...
    Or Edgar vs GSP... So they are not cowards... I dont think GSP wants to fight Silva either... So I dont see this fight happening either...

Only part that is strange is that Bones and Silva are friends. Since when? Since he(Bones) won LHW title?
    jones has said countless times he would love to fight the top fighters at both HW and LHW

6. Default

Anderson - "Yeah, me and Jones are friends so umm, like we can't fight anymore. Yeah thats it"

"Well when did you two become friends?"

Anderson - "After I watched the Shogun fight. Yeah...I realized I REALLY wanted to be friends with that guy."

Anderson is such a fraud. Hey GSP, move up to a weight class you've never fought in to fight me. But me moving up to a weight class I've fought in twice? Nah....he's in another weight class so clearly I couldn't move up to fight him. But yeah, GSP should move up to fight me.

And since when has Anderson and Jones have "Huge respect" for each other?? HAHAHA
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

And since when has Anderson and Jones have "Huge respect" for each other?? HAHAHA
    Way before Jon Jones had so many fans hopping on his wagon after his destruction of Shogun. Way back when people laughed at the idea of Jones being able to beat any of the top contenders like Machida/Shogun.

If you wanted im sure you can find the video post dated on Youtube. For me this is old news and Silva has long stated that he doesn't want to compete at lhw.

This fight simply isn't happening and with all the bromancering between the two would you even want to see it anyways?

It seems like you are looking for a conspiracy where none exist.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

I remember Silva giving Jones props before this but who the shit cares who respects who or swings from whose nuts?We all fill their ridiculous bank accounts,so they need to be doing what we want

Anderson Silva is scared, plain and simple. He doesn't like the prospect of fighting someone who is, at least at current pace, set to be as successful or even moreso. Someone who has equal or greater offensive creativity in the ring. I'm not saying Jon Jones is anywhere near Anderson Silva in accomplishments - far from it - but Anderson is smart, albeit yellow-striped, knowing his peak will only last so long and he sees the new generation coming in Jon Jones. He don't want any of it.

I suppose it's a smarter move overall, when you take into account the likes of Cro Cop and perhaps even Fedor, on the downward turn.

10. Default

sakara you are fighter bashing...chill bro

A coward is a little far don't you think
    "...for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it." Helen Keller

Thread Information