Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anderson Silva Says He Would Never Fight Jon Jones

1. Default

You really should keep up with your own fighters news....

fightersonly.com

Nogueira also says the current climate sees Anderson moving up to the 205lb division due to the lack of adversaries at his current weight class.
    So it's okay for Anderson to not want to move up as he claims (which he flip flops on everything as it is) but he want's GSP to move up to fight him? Even you can understand how silly that is. Oh and I do know some of the history behind Jones and Anderson. How they haven't met yet and what not.

Here's Jon Jones saying he would have the advantage over Anderson in a fight...friends don't fight though I though?

Jon Jones: I'd have the advantage against Anderson Silva - MMA News

“I’ve bathed myself in Anderson Silva. I think I’d have an advantage going into a fight with him because I’ve studied him so much.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Saw this article last night and thought it was pretty interesting.

Bones would have almost a foot reach advantage on Silva and has the striking creativity to surprise Anderson, not to mention the size difference.

I would love to see this fight but unlike the Bones/Rashad ordeal, this match probably really won't happen, unfortunately. Anderson doesn't want to end up even half of anything like Shogun did. His career would take a bullet in the head if something like that happened.
    In the end, the only prize a fighter keeps is you. I only ask that you continue supporting all athletes. Keep supporting them, because in the end your applause is the only thing that remains. The rest is only an illusion. - Wanderlei to fans

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Yeah I need to start making friends fast with anyone who would be a threat to me and/or just destroy me.
    "Want to go see a movie with me? It's a documentary... on me. I can get us in for free and we'll even have front row seats. Here, I brought you some chocolates, too. I ate all the coconut ones for you because I know you don't like them. I brought a bag of my own personally autographed action figure collectables, a copy of my movie and many many more. Take, take. All for you."

*Right after Bones/Shogun* Anderson looks around at everyone and says "That's my best friend right there, yep, that's my friend!"

Lol, I don't think Anderson is a coward by any means but it sure is fun to nit-pick a little bit. I knew they both associated with eachother but it's never been brought to the spotlight as them being "such good friends." Hell... you have to be on something Thiago Silva has hidden in his bag or have balls of steel like Chael Sonnen to be jumping and excited about an opportunity to fight Bones right now and actually care about your career.
    Last edited by m1ckeykn0x; 04-16-2011 at 08:12 PM.
    In the end, the only prize a fighter keeps is you. I only ask that you continue supporting all athletes. Keep supporting them, because in the end your applause is the only thing that remains. The rest is only an illusion. - Wanderlei to fans

Anderson is such a fraud. Hey GSP, move up to a weight class you've never fought in to fight me. But me moving up to a weight class I've fought in twice? Nah....he's in another weight class so clearly I couldn't move up to fight him. But yeah, GSP should move up to fight me.

And since when has Anderson and Jones have "Huge respect" for each other?? HAHAHA
    No doubt, Chael's rants seem to be ringing a bit more true these days. I think this is Anderson trying to cement his fighting legacy, picking fights he thinks he can win and avoiding fights he has concern over. Anderson or Soares have stated Anderson wants to retire undefeated in the UFC and as the most dominant champ ever - so I think this translates to - we are not going to see Anderson take any chances over the next couple years.

Anderson Silva not wanting to fight Jon Jones is good news and Brent Brookhouse breaks down why:

"We, as fans, shouldn't be so desperate to see fighters take fights that are bad for them. There's a difference between wanting to see fighters challenged and wanting to see fighters lose. Luckily Anderson doesn't appear interested in going up to light heavyweight to capture the title. We're going to see plenty of tremendous Jon Jones moments in the coming years, we don't need him hurting the legacy of Anderson Silva mixed in."
    So should this logic apply to GSP as well?

In every type of sport or competition, once the champ or champions start fighting not to loose instead of the challenge themselves or test the competition the thrill is lost for me.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

he wants to be the greatest ever, then fight the greatest ever, no matter who it is....that goes for every fighter.

rob_bills Guest

Anderson a coward? dont make me laugh.. Jones has had 1 win at lhw so why should we even be discussing this. I find it funny how fickle mma fans are, a year ago Machida was the 2nd coming of christ and no one could touch him and history is repeating itself now with Jones, hell even IF he gets past Rahad this conversation shouldnt be coming up.

Silva has defended his belt 8 times and Jones hasnt once, to even discuss this is a tad premature. Silva and Dana have both said that it was Dana who wanted to see him at lhw.

The reason people discuss GSP and Silva is cos both fighters have cleared out their respective divisions. So what if they dont fight? who cares, Silva has some of the most impressive wins in the UFC and say whatever you want about the mw division but no one has managed to put together a streak even near what Silva has there.

You really should keep up with your own fighters news....

fightersonly.com
    I do before I post because I normally expect a rebuttle from you...
    YouTube - Anderson Silva talks George St. Pierre, Jon Jones win over Shogun, & the UFC in Brazil

Here's Jon Jones saying he would have the advantage over Anderson in a fight...friends don't fight though I though?

Jon Jones: I'd have the advantage against Anderson Silva - MMA News
    There is nothing wrong with making fight predictions but that still has no bearing on the actual fight coming to fruition. In that same article done by Jones he also goes on about how he has based his entire game almost on watching Silva which indicates this is something that just didn't start recently.

There is too much bromancering and respect between the two. It's simply not happening.

It's like me calling Chael Sonnen a coward because he hasn't went after Jake Shields, GSP, or Dan Henderson.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_bills View Post
    I find it funny how fickle mma fans are, a year ago Machida was the 2nd coming of christ and no one could touch him.
    Just wanted to say I am proud that I was NEVER one of those people with Machida for even a moment. I was actually the opposite. Low and behold...

Bones' striking may be unpredictable but he's not in the same league as silva there (even with his freaky reach)...

I do think he could take him down at will and potentially pound him out though.

Thread Information