Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Anderson Silva Says He Would Never Fight Jon Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Y2JUBAE View Post
    I'm a huge Anderson fan and this is very disappointing to me.

It does feel like he's "Pre-dodging" a fight. To say they are friends is crazy. To say he won't move up in weight is crazy.

As much as I hate it and I'm against it, I can make an argument for fighters who don't want to fight training partners, but to say you won't fight a friend, and for someone you barely know to be considered as a friend is just crazy.

He also had no problem expecting GSP to step up in weight and fight him. Had me all over GSP's case thinking GSP was afraid, now here is Anderson saying he won't go to LHW like he's never done it before? I remember him saying he would fight Brock lol.

I also just read an article about how Anderson says he wants to be the greatest of all time... at what? Beating smaller opponents?

I don't understand the lack of fighters wanting to fight Jones either. Has the day come when Rashad and Gergard are the only two fighters in the LHW division with balls?
    Anderson Silva was saying he was done at lhw before Jon Jones even fought Ryan Bader. Now suddenly you think Anderson Silva is scared of Jon Jones?

Is Jon Jones afraid to fight Silva at mw because I don't see either guy knocking on eachothers door??
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

...At this point in JJ's career he doesn't deserve A.Silva ...
    Yeah, all JJ has done is gone undefeated (barring the DQ) in the UFC on his way to becoming the youngest LHW champion in the org's history by blowing out one of the sport's most dominant fighters to win the belt.

Pfft.

JJ = nOObler.

/sarcasm

hh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    So an interview posted roughly 2 weeks ago by Big Nog saying Anderson wanted to move up to LHW and that it was a real possibility is BS? Big Nog is lying now? In the same interview Big Nog broke that Anderson was fighting Yushin Okami before it was reported. So he was telling the truth and lying?
    I'm personally calling it bs until I hear it from the horses mouth. Especially when there are interviews (one recently posted by me) where Silva directly says otherwise.

Even DW said that Silva has no interest at lhw. Show me a video from Silva saying otherwise and I will believe in the possibility otherwise to me its, "He said She Said"....

Jon Jones has no business in the ring with Silva until he has defended his title a couple of times and proven himself as a dominant champion. As is stands he has zero title defenses.
    Last edited by roaddawg; 04-18-2011 at 08:21 PM.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    I'm personally calling it bs until I hear it from the horses mouth. Especially when there are interviews (one recently posted by me) where Silva directly says otherwise.

Even DW said that Silva has no interest at lhw. Show me a video from Silva saying otherwise and I will believe in the possibility otherwise to me its, "He said She Said"....

Jon Jones has no business in the ring with Silva until he has defended his title a couple of times and proven himself as a dominant champion. As is stands he has zero title defenses.
    Just so we're clear: you're saying that the only guys that should be given the priviledge of fighting Anderson are champions who have defended their title at least twice, is that right?

hh.

Quote Originally Posted by H33LHooK View Post
    Just so we're clear: you're saying that the only guys that should be given the priviledge of fighting Anderson are champions who have defended their title at least twice, is that right?

you need to add a clause: as long as they haven't lost and then earned and been promised a rematch, too.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

It doesn't seem like Anderson has had any interest at 205 in a while, except for the Big Nog interview from the other day...

but it seemed like ever since Dana White said Anderson would have to give up his belt to move up to 205 again, and wouldn't be granted an instant title shot, that Anderson has just been like "ok, fuck you baldy, I'll just keep cleaning house at 185". Then all of a sudden JJ shows up and the fertitas want the Silva Jones fight to happen, of coarse they want to build Jones up as far as they can, hes 23, and Silva isn't going to be around for that much longer, and its obviously a very winnable fighter for Jones.

...I'd rather see the fight that everyone has been talking about for almost 2 years (Silva-GSP). We don't even know if Jones is going to make 1 title defense, while St. Pierre won the interim against Hughes in 07 and hasnt lost since, and while Silva is still undefeated in the UFC. I'd rather see Jones try to defend his title against Rashad and a few other LHWs and then move up to HW. I mean, he did tell all HW's to watch out, so no reason for him to fight a smaller fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Chael's rants seem to be ringing a bit more true
    Hahahahahahahahaha, you said 'Chael' and 'true' in the same sentence. Funny shit.
    "GSP is going to lose his welterweight championship to Jake Shields...he's not going to have one after Jake Shields is in that weight." -Chael Sonnen is WRONG AGAIN!!!

"I like Jake Shields. He's just at the wrong place, at the wrong time." -Georges "Rush" St. Pierre

Thread Information