Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joseph Benavidez Has Flyweight Dreams, But Happy To Remain a Nightmare at 135

Default Joseph Benavidez Has Flyweight Dreams, But Happy To Remain a Nightmare at 135

Joseph Benavidez Has Flyweight Dreams, But Happy To Remain a Nightmare at 135 | MMAWeekly.com

by Damon Martin

If the flyweights ever come into the UFC, Benavidez would be the first one ready to drop the weight and challenge himself at 125 pounds.

“There’s more than a pretty good shot, there’s about 150-percent chance,” Roberts said about the odds Benavidez would drop to 125 pounds.

“If the flyweights ever come, I think you’ll see Joseph and Charlie Valencia will be the first two guys signing up for that weight division.”

But for now the flyweight division remains on hold, and Benevidez is happy to continue his run at 135 pounds, even if that means fighting the best, but not fighting for the belt.

What a little monster he would be!!

I thought 135 was small,but 125...wow. Is their anything to a person at 125lbs,lol. Does the UFC have any plans to bring in a 125 weight class? I would think the SHW and 195 would be on their radar before 125.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

I thought 135 was small,but 125...wow. Is their anything to a person at 125lbs,lol. Does the UFC have any plans to bring in a 125 weight class? I would think the SHW and 195 would be on their radar before 125.
    I honestly dont think there is enough 125 pound fighters for that to become a reality any time soon, personally.

but

holy fuck I think I underestimated just how tiny Benavidez is. I mean dont get me wrong he's ripped but damn 125 pounds!? My dogs weigh more than that..

I'd probably fight at 125 if I ever had aspirations. And I'm not necessarily a small person, some people are just lighter

Quote Originally Posted by joeyP View Post
    I'd probably fight at 125 if I ever had aspirations. And I'm not necessarily a small person, some people are just lighter
    how tall are you and what do you walk around at, if i may ask? much shorter people that are in shape usually do way alot less than what one would think.

Quote Originally Posted by hillbillydeluxe View Post
    how tall are you and what do you walk around at, if i may ask? Much shorter people that are in shape usually do way alot less than what one would think.
    5'9, 140

WEC announced in 2009 that a 125 weight class would debut in early 2010, but I don't think they've announced anything regarding it since then...? Even if they did, I'm not sure if the UFC would even want a 125 division, but that's just speculation.

WEC's long-awaited 125-pound weight class likely to come in early 2010 | MMAjunkie.com

Quote Originally Posted by joeyP View Post
    5'9, 140
    That's not bad at all for your height, but I highly doubt you would be considered healthy fighting at 125 pounds being 5 foot 9.

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyDeluxe View Post
    That's not bad at all for your height, but I highly doubt you would be considered healthy fighting at 125 pounds being 5 foot 9.
    Fighting there, probably not. If I needed to cut to 125, it could be done though. I'm very lean though for my frame, since I triple jump in college, so I don't need any excess mass. If I were to start to train for fighting, chances are I would gain some muscle just naturally, weigh around 150 and cut to 135. But alas, I'm a whimp, hate getting hit, and just want to run and jump for the rest of my life

Thread Information