Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rashad Evans Responds to Jon Jones on Twitter

I actually love how Rashad showboats in the cage.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    I am beginning to hope Rashad wins this fight.

I dont like Jon being the shit talker guy at this point in his career. I dont think shit talking will help Jones at all. Jones should remain humble and play the role - unless the UFC is behind this for marketing purposes. A cocky Jones has nothing to gain over a humble and respectful young champion Jones.
    The same Rashad that dances around like a fool during and after a fight??
    Last edited by Qball1974; 04-18-2011 at 03:28 PM.

3. Default

Jones was going into this fight as a classy fighter. I wish he would of waited until he defended his title at least once. Refrence argue with someone stuip and people loose track of who;s stuiped. Take the high road Jones be diffrent

Am i one of the only ones who think Rashad got more of a chance then people seem to be giving him? I mean we kno what rashads gameplan will be right? What if he is able to takedown jones, Will jones cardio hold up? He looked tired in the shogun fight and we kno shogun did notta to him. All im saying is everyone is talking about jones like hes the best thing in the sport right now, he hasnt even defended his title yet and has only beat one guy in the top 10 and hes the best? Im pulling for rashad in this fight as i have seen jones go from humble to letting the hype get to him. First signing as champion before he even won the belt, and then bring out stuff the apparenty happened in the gym. What happens in the gym suppose to stay in gym. I think hes up on a pedistal and needs to come back down to earth. WAR Suga

Quote Originally Posted by AMMATank View Post
    Am i one of the only ones who think Rashad got more of a chance then people seem to be giving him? I mean we kno what rashads gameplan will be right?
    I'm not a Rashad fan, by any means, but I'm not writing him off. He's a talented fighter, and he's faced Jones in the gym, giving him inside information from which to formulate a game plan.

But by the same token, I'm not even writing off Shogun in a rematch. Shogun was put on survival mode with the knee in the first round...on another night, in another fight, it could go entirely different.

The problem I have with MMA fans is that they assume that because something happened once it's a given to happen through all variables in every situation.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Rashad will go into this fight with the most detailed knowledge of Bones' strengths and weaknesses of any opponent Bones has ever faced, and that could be a major factor in this fight. If Rashad can use that knowledge to his advantage he could expose a weakness in Bones that none of us fans have seen yet, and springboard off of that to victory.

It has to be said however that Bones (and especially his trainers) also have intimate knowledge of Rashad's strengths and weaknesses, and are also in a position to exploit them.

I won't be counting Rashad out, although he is probably the deserved underdog coming in. Still, if he can land that concussive right hand of his flush on the chin, Bones will go to sleep.

This is all a planned angle and imo cheap heat. Anyone that believes it is a mark. As pointed out earlier, it happened too fast. First they were not fighting each other, next dana doesnt like that, then rashad leaves the camp, now they are hyping a fight bc if theyre going to do it they want to get paid. Theyre going to hug at the end, and have a laugh about it backstage while dana makes all the real money off this.

That being said, rashad is going to take jones down and hold him there the same way he did rampage. Jones best shot is a knee when rashad comes in or some elbows from the top guard. He might be able to distance himself to avoid takedowns but rashad is very quick and the cage isnt big enough to do too much avoiding. The x-factor imo is rashads takedown defense. I dont think rashad is going to try to stand with jones.

Quote Originally Posted by deadstealth View Post
    This is all a planned angle and imo cheap heat. Anyone that believes it is a mark. As pointed out earlier, it happened too fast. First they were not fighting each other, next dana doesnt like that, then rashad leaves the camp, now they are hyping a fight bc if theyre going to do it they want to get paid. Theyre going to hug at the end, and have a laugh about it backstage while dana makes all the real money off this.

That being said, rashad is going to take jones down and hold him there the same way he did rampage. Jones best shot is a knee when rashad comes in or some elbows from the top guard. He might be able to distance himself to avoid takedowns but rashad is very quick and the cage isnt big enough to do too much avoiding. The x-factor imo is rashads takedown defense. I dont think rashad is going to try to stand with jones.
    5 round fight , cardio! Bones Wins!

Thread Information