Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dan Severn challenges Royce Gracie to retirement match in Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by goodtimes View Post
    I was a fan of Severn before I heard about all the works he did over the years. Now, not really interested in seeing him fight anybody.
    Even if half his wins were works, he still has an impressive record.

I'd certainly rather see them fight, than another boring one sided victory for Hughes.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Even if half his wins were works, he still has an impressive record.

I'd certainly rather see them fight, than another boring one sided victory for Hughes.

Are they considering a Hughes rematch?God I hope not.

this would be kinda cool i guess... i wouldnt put it on ppv though maybe opening the spike prelims or something.

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    So you're new then.Watch him suplex this old boy from back in the day.I bet someone can hook you up with a link and better info,I kinda suck at that stuff,but before sanctioning(mind you the dude was MUCH smaller)he dumped that dude on his head HARD.

I loved the old UFC matches before rules,and Dan was one of the first relevant names.When I think early UFC and MMA,I go straight to Gracie,Shamrock and Severn first.I think for some of us it's nostalgia more than anything...but then again so many people here seem to have no interest in mma other than flashy knockouts and should probably be watching more K-1 or boxing.

Sidenote:I vote we retire the term lay and pray.
    Yeah! UFC 4! That was my first UFC. He double German suplexed Anthony "maddog" Macias. He later went on to face Gracie in the finals! Dan Severn Was an Icon of early MMA. He is impressive in many regards including outstanding record and creating the blue print for wrestling in mma. His freddy mercury style facial hair is also amazing.

I don't know where these rumours are coming from (the Gracie/Art one as well) but I just can't see either of them happening. Severn is so big right now it would take a long time for this to really be at all realistic.

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

Are they considering a Hughes rematch?God I hope not.
    That's what Gracie alluded to on Inside MMA this week.

So you're new then.Watch him suplex this old boy from back in the day.I bet someone can hook you up with a link and better info,I kinda suck at that stuff,but before sanctioning(mind you the dude was MUCH smaller)he dumped that dude on his head HARD.

I loved the old UFC matches before rules,and Dan was one of the first relevant names.When I think early UFC and MMA,I go straight to Gracie,Shamrock and Severn first.I think for some of us it's nostalgia more than anything...but then again so many people here seem to have no interest in mma other than flashy knockouts and should probably be watching more K-1 or boxing.

Sidenote:I vote we retire the term lay and pray.
    I'm new because I don't like Dan? No, believe me, I remember wasting my money on the ppv's with main events like Dan vs. Ken.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Severn would crush Royce imo.

Thier best bet is to put him up against another legend or brazialin fighter, thats atleast in his weight class.

Hell make Royce/Maia at 175, Id rather watch that then Severn, Hughes or Art TBH.

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

Quote Originally Posted by Y2JUBAE View Post
    I'm new because I don't like Dan? No, believe me, I remember wasting my money on the ppv's with main events like Dan vs. Ken.

Yawn, Dan vs Ken now there was a real slug fest.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I keep hearing the word "exhibition" thrown around in reference to Royce's UFC farewell.
    This might just open the door to a match with Severn, but I personally would like to see a real match against a real opponent. I think if a match with Severn were to be made, it would be a real match, but not necessarily one the MMA world would want to see. I am also not in favor of feeding Royce some cream puff in an "exhibition" to allow him a swan song ride off into the sunset. As a true martial artist and competitor, I'd hope Royce would want a true challenge. Time will tell.

Thread Information