Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keith Jardine Wants To Hold The Strikeforce Middleweight Title By 2012

Default Keith Jardine Wants To Hold The Strikeforce Middleweight Title By 2012

TheMMANews

Posted By: Charttopper

ďI made a commitment a few weeks ago to drop down to 185 and get thatÖI want to have the middleweight belt in 2012. Thatís my goal right now, to get the Strikeforce belt at middleweight in 2012. You know, the way I look at it right now is, Iím 35 right now. Iíve never felt better, stronger, or more athletic in my life, but my window is closing, so I donít want to waste too many fights ÖĒ

ďIím working with a nutritionist right now, the same one that Brian Stann uses, and he is another guy that dropped down to 185 from 205; a guy named George Lockhart. He is real credible. I never really focused on my diet. I eat a lot of food. Iíve never really cut hard weight and Iíve always looked a little chubby to make weight at 205. According to him, I donít think itís going to be a big thing. In fact, I only cut 2 pounds for this last fight, so Iím not really worried about it Ö Ē

ďMy goal right now is to make the move to 185 and hold the 185 pound belt for them, and thatís incredibly exciting for me. A few years ago, who would have thought this would happen.Ē

Jacare would whip his ass if they fought.

3. 04-16-2011, 07:21 PM

...hopefully by 2012, the SF MW Championship will mean about as much as a old box of twinkies.

Good luck to Jardine and his quest.
    In the end, the only prize a fighter keeps is you. I only ask that you continue supporting all athletes. Keep supporting them, because in the end your applause is the only thing that remains. The rest is only an illusion. - Wanderlei to fans

Like LethalStriker said there's no way he beats Jacare Souza

Omigawd Jacare would murder him. I actually laughed out loud, not just Lol'd.

I like Jardine, he's a good tough fighter who will fight anybody. But Jacare will leave the cage with one of his limbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Thread on Jardine moving to MW has already been posted a week or two back.

Do not all MW's on the SF roster want to hold earn the title?
    yes but it seems there are constantly articles posted on here that just state the obvious

Who says there's even going to be a SF MW belt by 2012? That division needs to be folded into the UFC's. Imagine Jacare vs Maia etc. Either way I don't see Jardine holding a belt but whatever keep him going.

By the way, did anyone see his post fight interview on Fight Network with Ariel (can't stop thinking of the Little Mermaid when I hear his name)? His mouth was so swollen that he couldn't stop drooling.
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

Good fucking luck Jardine!!
    " I don't want to die for you, but if dying is asked of me, I'll bear that cross with honour, 'cause freedom don't come free."
    "All men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything"

so no rematch with mousasi?

Thread Information