Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Up-and-coming MMA fighter dead after robbery attempt

Default Up-and-coming MMA fighter dead after robbery attempt

CTV Toronto - Up-and-coming MMA fighter dead after robbery attempt - CTV News

*click for article
    Police are hunting two males this morning after witnesses say an up-and-coming MMA fighter was killed trying to stop gunmen in a botched robbery attempt in Brampton.

Police were called to the Rozz Restaurant and Entertainment Complex on Saturday afternoon, where they found a Brampton man suffering from life threatening injuries.

Kearn Nedd, 28, was taken to hospital but later succumbed to his injuries.

A witness said there were 150 people at the hall for a charity poker game. The facility is located near the intersection of Highway 407 and Dixie Road.

Witnesses say two men burst into the banquet hall and fired several shots in a botched robbery attempt.

The victim was reportedly shot after a scuffle with one of the gunmen. Three bullet holes could be seen on the banquet hall's doors.

1st Degree Black Belt American Kickboxing
    Belt: 2010 W.K.K.O U.S. Tournament Runner Up 132lbs.
    Silver Medal: 2011 W.K.A North American Tournament Runner Up 141lbs

RIP... At least he gets to be aknowledged as a hero now.
    THE AXE MURDERER

This was my friend. He was a great guy. Sad to hear about this happening. His name was Kearn Nedd.

Quote Originally Posted by jjimenez82 View Post
    This was my friend. He was a great guy. Sad to hear about this happening. His name was Kearn Nedd.
    Sorry to hear that dude. He went down like a boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Sad news, I just lost a good friend myself over the weekend. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families and friends affected by this tragedy, and I hope they catch the guys.

exactly^

RIP MR. Nedd, better to go out like that trying to protect people than to live a life of a crook/murderer like one of the gunman. He will always be remembered as a good person

Thoughts and prayers go out to his family. He died a hero.

Rest In Peace, Kearn Nedd.

Misleading title, but I was both happy and saddened to read that he lost his life while trying to stand up and do the right thing. So many headlines(including my local paper) focus on the fact that some meathead did something wrong and OH BTW, he's an MMA fighter. They focus on the latter by splashing 'MMA FIGHTER' in the headline eventho the jabroni may have only had one fight at some local show. It seems that MMA in general is still fighting an uphill battle to achieve mainstream recognition and the media is comfortable taking pot shots that continue to paint MMA in a negative light.

So sorry that this stand up individual lost his life in such a manner.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

this really sucks. RIP

On a side note, I know all the great things jon jones has done outside the octagon. That was very good of him to stop that robber, but that could give a horrible/dangerous inspiration to his fans and kids. as soon as i head that, I was saying. What if that guy had a gun or knife. You see it all the time, somebody tries to play hero and gets their head blown off. Its sad, but sometimes no matter how caring of a person you are, saving a women a couple hunder dollars or a store some money from being robbed isnt worth your life. I always carry guns with me, somebody robs a store theres now way I would step in unless somebody was being killed.

R.I.P.Really sad to hear someone who was following their dreams and goals get snuffed out.

On a side note, where was Jon Jones when you need him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

Thread Information