Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nick Diaz Sparring With Andre Ward, "Will Do Just Fine" In Boxing Says Melendez

Default Nick Diaz Sparring With Andre Ward, "Will Do Just Fine" In Boxing Says Melendez

Nick Diaz Sparring With Andre Ward, "Will Do Just Fine" In Boxing Says Melendez - Bloody Elbow

by Nick Thomas

"I think Nick (Diaz) is the type of guy who just likes to challenge himself personally. He does the ironman, that's why he did MMA and that's why he wants to do boxing. He wants something to motivate him. I don't think he cares what anyone thinks, win or lose. He just wants to challenge himself and that's what he's going to do. I think he's also put himself in a good situation where he has that bargaining chip now, maybe they're going to be forced to give him that top opponent to stay in MMA."

"I respect that he's going to do boxing and go outside his comfort zone and test himself. I think it's amazing and I think Fernando Vargas might be making a mistake. (With boxing) Just the dollar figure and all that as well, I don't know what the contract says; it's just going to be a lot more persuading and also might evolve the MMA game as well."

"I know I can't hang with (top level) pro boxers, I'm realistic, I know I'd get smashed. Nick Diaz goes (to) spar with Andre Ward and to me is the best 167 pounder in the world out there and he survives. He has bad days; he might even have good days and that's the toughest guy in the world. If he can hang with him and have good days against him, I think Nick Diaz will do just fine with someone like Fernando Vargas and a lot of guys out there. (Diaz) spars a lot of tough guys. He's already doing it, he's already there. He's also not naive about stuff, so I think it'll be great for him."

Do you think he would say anything different about his teammate?? Next we are going to hear how Nate Diaz thinks Nick will be WW champ for a long time at Strikeforce.....
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

Diaz has good days with Ward,because Ward is bored. MMA fighters going into boxing isnt good. I dont think Zuffa wants this,and if Diaz wants a future in MMA he NEEDS to walk the company line. With those big gloves I wonder if Diaz has anything to his punches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

Maybe but hes still a nobody in boxing, at least in MMA he has a name(brand).

If he had any sense about him at all, he would walk the line and try to get Dana to get him a shot at GSP after UFC 129 or some of the other UFC guys. Sometimes you have to play nice to further your career and with him being bored and lacking competition in Strikeforce, it sounds like thats exactly what he needs to do. Boxing is not what he needs to do, but I mean if it makes the guy happy, so be it I guess.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    Do you think he would say anything different about his teammate?? Next we are going to hear how Nate Diaz thinks Nick will be WW champ for a long time at Strikeforce.....
    agree, i would have much rather seen what ward honestly thought of diaz. Diaz can do well in boxing imo, but if he faces a high level boxer it will end bad for him. Diaz shoud fight lacey or mayorga. They both have done some things in boxing, and would be very tough for nick. But it is winnable and would be a great accomplishment.

The problem is,once he enters the UFC,hes going to be wrestled,and smoothered,which in turn is the reason he left the first time. Kos,Fitch,AJ, GSP will all control him with their top game,and that will be that. Rematch against Diego,and a fight against Kampman would be awesome,other then that he should stay in SF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

The problem is,once he enters the UFC,hes going to be wrestled,and smoothered,which in turn is the reason he left the first time. Kos,Fitch,AJ, GSP will all control him with their top game,and that will be that. Rematch against Diego,and a fight against Kampman would be awesome,other then that he should stay in SF.
    diaz bjj is leaps and bounds better then the guys you mentioned so i dont see him getting smothered at all i actually thinks he beats all those guys gsp couldnt even finish hardy his bjj is sub par for a blackbelt.

oh and AJ sits on top of a guy with terrible wrestling and all of the sudden he has great top control and deserves to be in the same sentence as fitch, kos and gsp? gimme a break.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    diaz bjj is leaps and bounds better then the guys you mentioned so i dont see him getting smothered at all i actually thinks he beats all those guys gsp couldnt even finish hardy his bjj is sub par for a blackbelt.

oh and AJ sits on top of a guy with terrible wrestling and all of the sudden he has great top control and deserves to be in the same sentence as fitch, kos and gsp? gimme a break.
    Agree that diaz would finish some of those that gsp didnt. He would still get taken down for 5 rounds by gsp. GSP would not stand with him.

All those wrestlers could beat him by LnP but Diaz is also better than any on them both on the feet and on the ground so he could win any fight either by ko or sub. Don´t follow boxing that much but will most definately watch how he does.
    Dixi et animam levavi

Thread Information